Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks Team Beefcake and Lund nGAUGE for my next step, CJ intake & E85. This is really a straight forward procedure. Start off by, most people disable the fuel pump, start the car to run the fuel lines dry or have a tune to just run the pump and pump into a gas can, either is a good practice, in the Fox Days we'd put a jumper wire in the fuel pump relay under the driver's seat. But I'm a reformed Hillbilly so I just grabbed a shop towel released the pressure on a COLD engine (just because I'm a Hillbilly doesn't mean I'm stupid) at the fuel rail. Removed the old intake blew out the fuel lines, passenger side fuel tank was empty so I only had to siphon down the drivers side to make room the new tenant Mr. E85. I also stepped up to 47# injectors, remember I'm N/A so I won't need as much as the power adder group. My first batch was actually E90. In one of the pics on the stock intake, I manually actuated the Charge Motion Plates so you can see them. For all you Hillbillies/Rednecks or old people that aren't computer savvy, the thing that looks like a tooth pick, that's not for your mouth, that' to latch and unlatch the mini SD card into the nGUAGE, although it did help me get a piece of Slim Jim out, that's been stuck in my mouth since Norwalk lol. There's plenty of write ups on this install if you want more formal and in depth instructions. Lund sent me a start up tune, and it started right up no issues. Now we'll progressively work our way up trough the tune. Remember do to work and other commitments this my take a few days, so don't expect any updates real soon. I'm focused on Bowling Green NMRA, that's our last chance this year to build interest in the S550 to the masses. Remember people without S550s aren't necessarily on this site, but they will be at Bowling Green, so let's get those to S550s to Bowling Green NMRA. The more we race, the more we progress together, remember our cars help promote sales and parts development. :ford: :headbang:
CJ 1.jpg
CJ 2.jpg
CJ 3.jpg
CJ 4.jpg
Valves.jpg
FME.jpg
CJ 5.jpg
CJ 6.jpg
CJ 7.jpg
CJ 8.jpg
CJ 9.jpg
CJ 10.jpg
CJ 11.jpg
CJ 12.jpg
CJ 13.jpg
E85.jpg
First batch 1.jpg
First batch 2.jpg
First batch 3.jpg
First batch 4.jpg
nGAUGE 1.jpg
nGAUGE 2.jpg
nGAUGE 3.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Yay! Can't wait to see the results!

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Finally someone actually doing this! Cant wait to see the results, and see if a good tune can really minimize low end power loss. I have been thinking of going this route through Lund. I just didnt wanna be the first to do it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
CAI shield template

Working on the heat shield for the incoming air. Making a template out of cardboard then transfer to ABS when I get some.
CAI 3.jpg

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Sponsored

shadowsong6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 mustang v6
Is that just the ford racing intake tube for the 11-14 cars? So all that really needs to be fabbed is a head shield?

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is that just the ford racing intake tube for the 11-14 cars? So all that really needs to be fabbed is a head shield?
That is correct.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
The e85 test tube is a lifesaver. Nice work on the CJ....too rich for my blood!

kallo07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Sweet, will be following!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk