Sponsored

JMS PedalMax

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So you're saying it adds power, just not a ton of it ?
My mistake, I mean it doesnt actually add horsepower, but it adds the feeling of power. Under WOT through the power band it doesnt feel too different because when you are WOT throttle response doesnt really affect power. It feels the most different when you first put the pedal down. Does that make any sense haha...
Sponsored

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
The motor actually has more power per a given Pedal position compared to before. Not more power per Throttle body position. So at 1/2 pedal now you do have a bit more actual power compared to 1/2 before. Since I don't often drive full throttle this has been a real nice addition for my ecoboost also. Just wish they were a bit cheaper for what they do.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The motor actually has more power per a given Pedal position compared to before. Not more power per Throttle body position. So at 1/2 pedal now you do have a bit more actual power compared to 1/2 before. Since I don't often drive full throttle this has been a real nice addition for my ecoboost also. Just wish they were a bit cheaper for what they do.
No need to try to church things up. The only thing it does is reduce modulation, or in other words, makes it more of an on off switch than a dimmer.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Exactly. And that's exactly why this device does _nothing_.
Nothing for you evidently. I'm sure you tried one and concluded your expert facts prove others are wrong. I promise you if someone secretly put one on your daily driving car you would surprised at the extra power as you drove it the same as you did the day before. I and others enjoy more power by normal driving at part throttle instead of constantly pushing the pedal 3/4 of the all the time. You and PLENTY of other despise this product without ever trying it. That's perfectly fine. It doesn't mean we are all wrong for using something that does "nothing"

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
There is no "extra power" or added power. All it does is change the peddle maping for people who are afraid to step into their pedal, or cant modulate it, themselves.

I prefer a linear modulation.. but after driving any car, One's mind can re-learn a particular throttle map.

This product does nothing for power.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
The for sale section constantly has one of these listed. Ppl use them for a few weeks and then realize they wasted $200 because they just get used to the new throttle mapping

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
That's all I'm asking of people instead of judging others like they know what works for us. If you were to do a dyno run at half throttle with this applied the hp would be a lot higher. Believe e me I didn't want to pay this money for this. I tried for a few weeks with and without and for ME I never got used to be constantly pressing the pedal 40% farther. For us this is the modulation we like. I'm sure you don't and certainly will never admit. I've raced roadbikes and motocross for too many years and 1/4 throttles were a common mod. Some liked it others not. I used to enjoy coming to this forum to get different ideas to customize for each person's preference. Anymore the amount of "expert facts" bashing each other is getting tiring.

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
All I know is that when I have my knob on 0 and I keep it at a steady rpm and then turn it up to 100 the car feels 5x faster and it puts a huge smile on my face.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Not many use the word opinion. Everyone talks like they are experts when they never even try things. We don't drive wot throttle all day long or willing to lose warranty with a tune. So for us driving part throttle it is much quicker. You are offering no help by bashing something that the Op was excited about.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Not many use the word opinion. Everyone talks like they are experts when they never even try things. We don't drive wot throttle all day long or willing to lose warranty with a tune. So for us driving part throttle it is much quicker. You are offering no help by bashing something that the Op was excited about.
I think the problem people have is, it offers no performance gain, only the perception. It's not quicker at part throttle, it only gives you the perception.

Back when throttles were cable operated, everyone bitched and moaned at the lack of throttle mudulation with larger throttle bodies. Now that we have huge throttle bodies, people are bitching and moaning that there is too much modulation. No offense to anyone.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Nothing for you evidently. I'm sure you tried one and concluded your expert facts prove others are wrong. I promise you if someone secretly put one on your daily driving car you would surprised at the extra power as you drove it the same as you did the day before. I and others enjoy more power by normal driving at part throttle instead of constantly pushing the pedal 3/4 of the all the time. You and PLENTY of other despise this product without ever trying it. That's perfectly fine. It doesn't mean we are all wrong for using something that does "nothing"
There's no extra power, I think we concluded this. Yes, mapping is changed so you have the feeling "OMG, it's so much faster" until you get used to it. If somebody likes to spend few hundreds on shit like that, their choice, I'd rather get something performance enhancing.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I'd rather get real performance too. And when I tune I'll probably sell this. But the this is that at say half throttle with the pedalmax you actually are putting down a lot more power then without. Like the one other guy said. Going up the mountain at past throttle, then the knob and the transmission locks down and takes off. The throttle body is open more now. But absolutely no gain at full throttle.
Sponsored