Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Do they just test the volume/loudness OR emissions OR both?
I wonder how Aussie made exhausts that claim to have ADR compliance and are louder than stock pass these...
I am only required to test for volume... But I believe they can send you for emissions testing as well.
Sponsored

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am only required to test for volume... But I believe they can send you for emissions testing as well.
Nothing better to do with their time, what about Harley Davidsons I bet they don't get tickets !!!

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
When I had to go in for mine and they couldn't find anything wrong they basically "threatened" to do an emissions test. I told them to go ahead. Luckily they didn't follow through because the car wasn't running a stock ECU and was cammed (amazing how the stock airbox and exhuast strangled the cam) and I doubt would've passed.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do they just test the volume/loudness OR emissions OR both?
I wonder how Aussie made exhausts that claim to have ADR compliance and are louder than stock pass these...
what about other cars ? i am sure the c63s in loud mode is louder than stock mustang exhaust,

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
I agree on the point about Harley Davidsons, they are ridiculously loud stock, and everyone just seems to accept that. Never heard of them being booked for being too loud

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I agree on the point about Harley Davidsons, they are ridiculously loud stock, and everyone just seems to accept that. Never heard of them being booked for being too loud
I believe most Harleys they're actually "aftermarket" pipes. The ones that come standard it just seems 99% of owners chose to replace them prior to the bike ever being registered.

I also remember reading an article just around last Christmas that said bikes are the most commonly defected vehicle and Harleys account for something like 80% of those called in for testing so it does apparently happen.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Wow that's interesting, thanks for the facts.

Those owners must run the gauntlet on a daily basis then, also I would have thought that the noise would get you down after a short time as there is no respite from it on those things. Its not like you can wind up the windows, and they seem to be super noisy whether you are on or off the gas.

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
I believe most Harleys they're actually "aftermarket" pipes. The ones that come standard it just seems 99% of owners chose to replace them prior to the bike ever being registered.

I also remember reading an article just around last Christmas that said bikes are the most commonly defected vehicle and Harleys account for something like 80% of those called in for testing so it does apparently happen.
Yes that is true I have a couple of mates with Harley's and they sound like Yamaharley's until the optional exhaust is fitted.

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
That's interesting, I'm in Victoria at the moment but from Sydney. I am wondering what would happen if I got a complaint about mine as it is loud when you give it a bit? Hurst Elite Catback by the way. Had to put the boot in yesterday or get cleaned up on a two lane roundabout by a guy in a Merc who though all lanes were his. He seemed unimpressed.

Do you get them tested in your own state or would you have to bring it back?

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Alright after deliberating, I'm going to get the Borla S-type Catback. Now is the time to buy bits and pieces to pass the time while I wait :ford: Best place to get this In Aus? Thinking suspension parts online ? Cheers everyone!

Sponsored

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
Whoever dobs in a Mustang for being too loud is a party pooper! Can you believe some people?

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Alright after deliberating, I'm going to get the Borla S-type Catback. Now is the time to buy bits and pieces to pass the time while I wait :ford: Best place to get this In Aus? Thinking suspension parts online ? Cheers everyone!
Yep suspension parts online for AU stock, will be ordering mine this week and installed hopefully friday. Ill be burning around Maitland with it on sunday i hope.

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Yep suspension parts online for AU stock, will be ordering mine this week and installed hopefully friday. Ill be burning around Maitland with it on sunday i hope.
Cheers :ford:

Mcgyver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic 6 Spd Manual
Active cutouts

Hi Everyone, I may have missed this on an earlier post but has anyone used an active cutout to manage the cold start noise with a cat back?

17Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Fitted the Xforce Varex catback and it is a very underrated exhaust, great sound and goes from OEM sound to shit hot in the press of a button.
Sponsored