Sponsored

Wheel Hop Solution: Steeda S550 IRS Subframe Bushing Support System (GT, V6, Eco)

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
David@Steeda. - any comment on how well these will help cut down hop with oem tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is still plenty of movement with stock tires, although the stickier the tire the more movement there will be.
Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Ordered some, wish they were out when I did springs as you have to unbolt the same things when swapping them.

Sponsored

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
Do yall have a military discount?

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Also, some people have been asking if this raises the car - installing our IRS Subframe Support System does not raise the car whatsoever.

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
David: What effect do these have on handling during cornering? I would think it would help with more immediacy when the outside spring is first getting compressed, rather than a double action of subframe being pushed closer to the chassis and the outside spring starting to compress at the same time (or in succession?). No significant ride penalty, despite the "compliance" that the stock subframe range of motion allows?

Sponsored
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Is there any other benefit besides reducing wheel hop?
In addition to stopping wheel hop, another key benefit is stopping the IRS subframe from moving.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
David: What effect do these have on handling during cornering? I would think it would help with more immediacy when the outside spring is first getting compressed, rather than a double action of subframe being pushed closer to the chassis and the outside spring starting to compress at the same time (or in succession?). No significant ride penalty, despite the "compliance" that the stock subframe range of motion allows?
Question 1 - They give you a more positive feel of the road as the rear IRS subframe is no longer deflecting during cornering.

Question 2 - In our testing we have not noticed a negative difference in ride quality at all as we are still using the factory bushings, we are just supporting them better.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can't wait to see your results - I would really like to see how it does with street tires. That tiny bit of hop with the dr's doesn't compare to street tires that hop for a full 60'+.
you would only hop more on DR's. if you're hooking harder with better tires you're just going to hop more.... I don't know why anyone is asking for street tires.. street tires would just have a better chance at losing traction and spinning and spinning will reduce wheel hop. its when you find some good traction but a slight spin and a squishy rear end, that you will find wheel hop.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
you would only hop more on DR's. if you're hooking harder with better tires you're just going to hop more.... I don't know why anyone is asking for street tires.. street tires would just have a better chance at losing traction and spinning and spinning will reduce wheel hop. its when you find some good traction but a slight spin and a squishy rear end, that you will find wheel hop.
This!
Sponsored