Sponsored

Wheel Hop Solution: Steeda S550 IRS Subframe Bushing Support System (GT, V6, Eco)

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Hi everyone,

We've been extremely busy with product development over here at Steeda - our main focus has been a turn-key wheel hop/IRS subframe solution for the S550 and we hit the nail on the head with our IRS Subframe Bushing Support System!

Made from CNC machined, 6061 aluminum, our patent pending bushing support system gives the rear end a much more solid feel with no increase in NVH at all. The Steeda IRS subframe bushings eliminate rear subframe movement notorious in the 2015 Mustang GT, EcoBoost, and V6. A stiffened subframe allows the car to increase traction to the rear wheels and helps eliminate wheel hop.

Our Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System (Part #: 555-4437) is very easy to install with basic hand tools and does not require any permanent modifications to the car.

Steeda Kit Pros:
- Helps reduce wheel hop by eliminating subframe movement, therefore giving you much better rear suspension compliance
- No permanent modifications are necessary
- Easy, 30 minute installation, can be done on jack stands in the garage
- Our kit doesn’t increase NVH at all
- Can be removed or installed in less than 30 minutes
- Completely eliminates over ½” of travel in the factory IRS subframe
- Doesn’t require a rear end alignment
- Lifetime warranty
- Track-tested at the drag strip and the road course - we are not just straight line people :)

Competitors' Kit Cons:
- They make you replace the factory bushings completely with urethane or solid aluminum
- A complete removal of the IRS subframe is required; this not only takes several hours, but it’s not the easiest job for a 'do it yourselfer'
- Other kits will increase NVH if using solid aluminum bushings or very hard urethane
- Takes hours for installation
- Although other kits may reduce wheel hop, an increase in NVH is not desirable
- You will need to re-align your car if you replace the bushings that locate the rear subframe
- No bushings carry a lifetime warranty, they will fail eventually

I've attached some product photos for reference! Also, this kit is readily available! Steeda's IRS Subframe Bushing Support system greatly reduces wheel hop while virtually eliminating all IRS subframe movement. When these pieces are used in conjunction with our other Steeda rear suspension components, wheel hop and subframe movement is eliminated - stay tuned as these additional rear suspension pieces will be available in the next couple of weeks.

Again, this is not a permanent modification! It can be put back to stock in under an hour as it's very easy to install.

Before and After Comparison:

[ame]

Installation:

[ame]

Why IRS subframe movement must be eliminated...

As you can see in the video, when completely stock, the entire rear IRS subframe assembly moves around under acceleration, braking and even more so when bangin’ gears. This is a major problem because every single rear suspension piece is connected to this subframe. So as it’s moving and vibrating, so is the rear sway bar, toe links, integral links, camber arm and lower control arm. They are all moving around violently as well so it makes it very hard for your suspension to 'work' and keep the tires planted on the pavement for traction. The assembly is basically fighting the car and not allowing for the suspension to work the way it was designed. This causes unwanted changes in camber and toe which will lead to unpredictable traction and control, resulting in handling issues. Steeda’s simple kit eliminates this. PERIOD.
steeda-s550-mustang-irs-sub-frame-bushing-support-system-2015-555-4437.jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-irs-sub-frame-bushing-support-system-2015-555-4437(0).jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-irs-sub-frame-bushing-support-system-2015-555-4437(6).jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-irs-sub-frame-bushing-support-system-2015-555-4437(7).jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-irs-sub-frame-bushing-support-system-2015-555-4437(5).jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-irs-sub-frame-bushing-support-system-2015-555-4437(3).jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I don't suppose you have a before and after video w/stock tires?

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Nice. Its going on my list!

SVT_N8

@baggedcobra
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Another product from Steeda to add to my list

Sponsored

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! When I install the Steeda springs would be a perfect time to do this as well as I would be checking the alignment anyway to be sure...

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
Great work!! Most definitely on my list.

TonyN

SLO 5L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I wish it was done on street tires, but regardless it definitely looks like a worthwhile upgrade and a big step in the right direction.

Anything in the works for the diff bushings as well? They where obviously all over the place too.

I will be placing an order for the subframe supports in the near future.

Edit: Actually, just placed my order! ;)

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Man, what an improvement! Job well done, Steeda!!

Sponsored

AndreG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
+1 for stock tires. I want to reduce wheel hop as soon as my mustang arrives. When I test drove it I was taking it easy but I could still feel it trying to hop me out of the car.

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the feeling from inside? Same, softer (which is good) or harder (which is not good) ??

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I wish it was done on street tires, but regardless it definitely looks like a worthwhile upgrade and a big step in the right direction.

Anything in the works for the diff bushings as well? They where obviously all over the place too.

I will be placing an order for the subframe supports in the near future.

Edit: Actually, just placed my order! ;)
Can't wait to see your results - I would really like to see how it does with street tires. That tiny bit of hop with the dr's doesn't compare to street tires that hop for a full 60'+.
Sponsored