Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
looks good, by the way is Eibach the manufacture of these Steeda springs? there arent too many spring manufactures here in the US so im sure someone is making them to their specification.
Yes eibach is the manufacturer.
Thanks for your interest. We actually don't disclose who our spring supplier is although we can tell you that we use one of the world's largest suppliers of suspension springs - this particular supplier doesn't even supply the Ford performance aftermarket.
Sponsored

OP
OP
S550BackInBlack

S550BackInBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium, Performance Pack, 6MT
With a 5mm spacer stud length will be fine front and rear, however I would not run a slip on spacer on the rear of these cars, the hub center bore is too shallow for the wheel to seat correctly with a slip on spacer.
I run slip on spacers front and rear. There is more than enough threads left on the studs. Infact, I have used this style of spacer for years. This car has the most threads left with the spacer than any of the mustangs I have ever applied them too. They include my current 1965 coupe that I also own, 2 different fox bodies, and an sn95. These wheels are lug centric so rest assured you will be fine. I really would not recommend anything thicker than what I used. At 7/32, there is plenty of bite on the studs. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
S550BackInBlack

S550BackInBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your interest. We actually don't disclose who our spring supplier is although we can tell you that we use one of the world's largest suppliers of suspension springs - this particular supplier doesn't even supply the Ford performance aftermarket.
Whomever they are, hats off to their company! I know Steeda engineered the rates but they produced a great product. I am a bit of a spring snob by the way. I usually only use maximum motorsports coilovers around Bilstiens and for comparisons sake, these will hang with my coilover sn95 all day long!

OP
OP
S550BackInBlack

S550BackInBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Cool, so those are ok to use without increasing stud length? I'm assuming enough thread since it's just about 1/4 inch.

What type and where did you get them ?

Looks good.

I ordered by Steeda Springs a couple of days ago, hope they get here before the weekend so I can get them installed. :thumbsup:
These slip on style spacers can be had at any major local autoparts chain that you choose.

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I run slip on spacers front and rear. There is more than enough threads left on the studs. Infact, I have used this style of spacer for years. This car has the most threads left with the spacer than any of the mustangs I have ever applied them too. They include my current 1965 coupe that I also own, 2 different fox bodies, and an sn95. These wheels are lug centric so rest assured you will be fine. I really would not recommend anything thicker than what I used. At 7/32, there is plenty of bite on the studs. Hope this helps!

These wheels are 100 percent NOT lug centric. 70.5 centerbore hub AND wheel.

Like I already said thread wise its no problem, centerbore wise on the rear it is, it your car so enjoy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
S550BackInBlack

S550BackInBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)

Like I already said thread wise its no problem, centerbore wise on the rear it is, it your car so enjoy.
I stand corrected. I went out and looked again for myself. You sir are correct. Luckily with the acorn style lug nut and concave lug hole on the wheel it is almost redundant in the way it centers. The thin 7/32 spacer still allows for the hub to enter the center bore of the wheel enough to aid in alignment. Thanks for the good info!

Major League Infidel

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 CO GT PP
Looks good bro!

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Steeda springs came in today! I'm going to try and get them installed this weekend if I can find the time. I've run coil overs before, and I've had Eibach on 3 other cars, this will be my first set of Steeda, so I will give a full review once installed.

Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP

Most of the spacers I've run in the past, I installed the longer studs. These spacers usually have the centerbore extension on them so they can still be hub centric. I guess these thin spacers still rely on the original centerbore lip, so I can see if it's shallow it may be an issue.

I'll probably skips these for now, Just ordered a set of the TSW Bathurst rims in a staggered set-up. 20x10et40 and 20x9et30, so these will push the wheels out 12 - 15mm anyway, prob wont need spacers. Jason at getmywheels.com said they should be in middle of January. 25lbs, a good 7lbs lighter per rim:clap2:

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Steeda springs came in today! I'm going to try and get them installed this weekend if I can find the time. I've run coil overs before, and I've had Eibach on 3 other cars, this will be my first set of Steeda, so I will give a full review once installed.
Yes please!

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Awesome, let us know if you have any questions - and enjoy!

OP
OP
S550BackInBlack

S550BackInBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Bump. The stance is perfection - how is brake dive, corner dive, acceleration squat compared with PP stock?
Ride quality feels exactly the same as my PP springs felt. Bennifits were obviously the looks, but most importantly the handling. You have to REALLY push it hard to get any body roll out of it now and the nose dive is all but gone. I can't say enough about these springs!

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Will these springs also suit our RHD Mustangs when they arrive down under next year?
Sponsored