Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
This is just society today. People Like to complain about everything.
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
That's because people's expectations are out of control.

For a vast majority, the shaker system is all we need. It's better than the system the camaros have.

People are going to shit their pants when the B&O system sounds marginally better than the shaker. Y'all will still be bitching and morning that an aftermarket system sounds far superior.
Exactly. I never understood why people got so exited about car audio. The acoustic environment is just so bad (even on a quiet luxo-cruiser) that the only way you can tell the difference between "good enough" and better is sitting in the driveway with the engine off. If I can't tell the difference at 65mph at a comfortable medium volume, I don't care.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Just left the Atlanta car show and the new '18 race red GT looks great. It looks better in person than in pic's. The front end differences on the upper grill insert, glossy vs flat, recessed vs not recessed, are differences I wanted to see in person before passing judgement. Rear end dual exhaust tips and pedistal spoiler both look good. Red recaros looked good but couldnt get close enough to really check out the interior.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

For a vast majority, the shaker system is all we need. It's better than the system the camaros have.

People are going to shit their pants when the B&O system only sounds marginally better than the shaker. Y'all will still be bitching and moaning that an aftermarket system sounds far superior.
Plus, if you're doing it right, the best sound system comes from the brands Corsa, Borla, AWE, Roush, Solo etc, etc. :headbang:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Exactly. I never understood why people got so exited about car audio. The acoustic environment is just so bad (even on a quiet luxo-cruiser) that the only way you can tell the difference between "good enough" and better is sitting in the driveway with the engine off. If I can't tell the difference at 65mph at a comfortable medium volume, I don't care.
I am of the belief, if you are going to have audio, then have audio. Don't half-ass it.

And ironically, a Car's "acoustic environment" is acoustically better than most people's homes. A car may actually be the best acoustic environment in which people get to listen to music, in their day-to-day lives.

Until you start to drive...

NOISE! ?
Do you play music, or are you listening to it..? Many times, when I got a new CD, I'd take it to my car for a good long listen. Even though I had a tube amp & headphones in the house.

We all understand environmental noise, and it is different from car to car, but having muddy sound does nothing for anyone, including your passengers. So why not?

Over the many years I have found, that a higher-fidelity system, allows for easier talking in the car, even at higher volumes. As One does not have to shout & can talk normal, because your ears are not straining/trying over the music.

Logically, in the end... all that ever needs to be done anymore, isn't amplification, etc... it is simply replacing the "paper" speakers, with good tonal quality ones, to whatever sound system you do have.) I listen to AM day-to-day, and good tonal quality (fidelity) is still a massive bonus there. But on the weekend & on the hunt..? And being able to go to 11 with some tight sounding kraftwerk... and ripping gears. :thumbsup:

Sound is important. Just do it the right way.

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My feelings exactly. A car cabin just doesn't seem to be the right place to focus on serious audio quality because there are so many other issues over which you have no control.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I am of the belief, if you are going to have audio, then have audio. Don't half-ass it.

And ironically, a Car's "acoustic environment" is acoustically better than most people's homes. A car may actually be the best acoustic environment in which people get to listen to music, in their day-to-day lives.

Until you start to drive...
And there's the rub. Most of the time listening to car audio is while driving.

Yea, there is bad car audio. An there is an infinite continuum from bad through "good enough" up to audiophile level. Most people are not going to be able to tell the difference between good enough and audiophile unless the car is parked in the garage. The price difference however is immediately noticeable.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)

People are going to shit their pants when the B&O system only sounds marginally better than the shaker. Y'all will still be bitching and moaning that an aftermarket system sounds far superior.
I have the B&O in my '16 Audi TT, it's definitely not better than the Shaker Pro in the Mustang imho.

I think for everyday driving both systems are great, but if you are really into a highend stereo systems you have get an aftermarket solution

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Well it's damn near April and we still don't know what the new motor is capable of?

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I went to the DFW (Dallas) auto show Saturday. They had a 2018 prototype on display. To be honest it looks better in person. I dig the lower hoodline at the front, and the front fascia wasn't as horrible looking as I thought. There are lots of tweaks to the exterior styling. It will sell just fine, however the color of this particular car was a weird yellow that looked like mustard to me. I noticed the front grill is painted gloss black, kind of liked that. I would have more pics but we were shopping crossovers. On the upside I got to meet Chip Foose. He was out there with AJ and his "Hemisfear" creation. That made my day!

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Great input, Genxer. I'm really encouraged by first hand accounts like yours... I cannot wait to see it for myself.

I am sad to hear about the paint though!! Was it Orange Fury? If so...I might have to reconsider my first paint choice. It sounds terrible.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I went to the DFW (Dallas) auto show Saturday. They had a 2018 prototype on display. To be honest it looks better in person. I dig the lower hoodline at the front, and the front fascia wasn't as horrible looking as I thought. There are lots of tweaks to the exterior styling. It will sell just fine, however the color of this particular car was a weird yellow that looked like mustard to me. I noticed the front grill is painted gloss black, kind of liked that. I would have more pics but we were shopping crossovers. On the upside I got to meet Chip Foose. He was out there with AJ and his "Hemisfear" creation. That made my day!
Thanks for sharing those pictures. I like what I am seeing and cannot wait to get my 2018 GTPP:D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks for the photos. I have to say, I'm not a fan of Orange Fury, either. Least, not yet.

I'd really like to see a Magnetic Fastback at one of these shows.....I know there were some CGI images of a Magnetic one, but you can't beat a real car!

So far, I think the only show cars have been:

Orange Fury GT Fastback Perf Pack (above)

Race Red GT Fastback Perf Pack

Performance White GT Fastback with Blackout package

Lightning (or was it Kona!) Blue Ecoboost Fastback with white stripes
2018-Mustang-EcoBoost-Kona-Blue-657x360.jpg

Ingot GT convertible
2018-Mustang-GT-Ingot-Silver-Convertible-657x360.jpg

Royal Crimson Ecoboost convertible
2018-Mustang-Crimson-Red-657x360.jpg

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)