Sponsored

Dynomax mini bullets too loud, any cheap resonators?

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I have the same setup and if I was going to do it again I would have left the resonator, but I have gotten used to the sound and am going to keep it. It's still not as loud as the lifted trucks around here.
Sponsored

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
I just bought the same Pypes 2.5" resonators linked earlier to throw up on my setup. I have Roush axleback exhaust with Lethal H pipe currently. I wouldn't mind reducing the volume a hair bit and getting rid of the rasp.

Autoanything.com has the best price at the moment for roughly $41/per and free shipping. $81.58 otd shipped.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Odd update last night I installed a new air air modular intake tube and a aem dry filter and noticed if it's even possible that the exhaust doesn't seem as loud. Like the interior booming volume is a lot less and a lot less annoying this morning.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Odd update last night I installed a new air air modular intake tube and a aem dry filter and noticed if it's even possible that the exhaust doesn't seem as loud. Like the interior booming volume is a lot less and a lot less annoying this morning.
Did you delete the sound tube in the process? That would be why, if so.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I didn't I kept it all Hooked up. But the booming interior volume is a lot less I wasn't even sure if it was possible to be front that .

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No I didn't I kept it all Hooked up. But the booming interior volume is a lot less I wasn't even sure if it was possible to be front that .
I'd give that a try also. It definitely takes the edge off the interior volume.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just couldn't see how replacing the intake tube would effect the interior volume from the exhaust that was driving me nuts. Before the worst was 75 mph at 2k made my head feel like it was going to explode. After the intake it was completely tolerable

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On Monday going to weld those bullets in right behind my h pipe to see how it sounds. If still not happen I'll go for the magnaflow resonated x

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
On Monday going to weld those bullets in right behind my h pipe to see how it sounds. If still not happen I'll go for the magnaflow resonated x
Looking forward to hearing what you think!

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I'm hoping it gives is a better tone since these are a lot longer then the 6.5" long mini bullets.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What size mini bullets are you running? I'm running the 6.5 inch ones with the h pipe Instead of the x. At idle it sounds like a diesel truck from the back I'm just not happy at all. It's prolly from the h pipe I would guess.

I have the same setup and if I was going to do it again I would have left the resonator, but I have gotten used to the sound and am going to keep it. It's still not as loud as the lifted trucks around here.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What size mini bullets are you running? I'm running the 6.5 inch ones with the h pipe Instead of the x. At idle it sounds like a diesel truck from the back I'm just not happy at all. It's prolly from the h pipe I would guess.
Yup. An X smooths that out quite a bit.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm picking up a stock cat back for free I'm going to take the stock resonator from it and put it on I place of the h. I'm hoping it quiets it down and gives it a better tone. What do you think. I'm going to try that before I do anything with the full size bullets

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm picking up a stock cat back for free I'm going to take the stock resonator from it and put it on I place of the h. I'm hoping it quiets it down and gives it a better tone. What do you think. I'm going to try that before I do anything with the full size bullets
Good option for last resort. I'd go the magnaflow before either though. Smoother, better tone and about the same volume as the resonator would be. Both will bring down your volume inside substantially.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you think the sound difference would be between the factory resonator and he resonated x without doing the full size bullets at this time?
Sponsored