Sponsored

Steeda differential bushings and BMR lock out for wheel hop?

BLK16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT black
I'm looking to get rid of the wheel hop on my '16 base GT performance pack. I've seen really positive things about both the Steeda differential bushings and the BMR lockout kit. Would putting both of these on my daily driver make it too harsh to drive? I could probably deal with a little NVH to get rid of most of the wheel hop but I don't want to ruin my ride. Anyone else done the same mods?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
NVH won't be too bad. Most of it will be gear/tire noise transmitted because of the diff bushings. The lockout will make impacts slightly more audible but no harsher.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I went with the Steeda subframe bushings as a start. Was told it was the first I should do by steeda because it'll reduce the most without a gain in NVH.

I am very happy with how much wheel hop is gone and there isnt any noticeable NVH or harshness- I daily drive it and it feels so much better. Used to have their tranny bushing in and that actually gave me some annoying NVH but these subframe bushings add practically zero compared to that. ill probably go with the subframe braces and diff bushings later to really tie it down but for now I think it was the perfect start.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I'm looking to get rid of the wheel hop on my '16 base GT performance pack. I've seen really positive things about both the Steeda differential bushings and the BMR lockout kit. Would putting both of these on my daily driver make it too harsh to drive? I could probably deal with a little NVH to get rid of most of the wheel hop but I don't want to ruin my ride. Anyone else done the same mods?
I have the same car.

I daily drive it and put about 2000 miles per month on it.

It has the same mods you mention, except both BMR (BK051 and CB005) and I absolutely love it. :cheers:

So yes, pull through with your plan. You will be happy.

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
I started with those 2 exact mods, it is a good start but for me it did not cure my hop. The severity of the hop was diminished but was no doubt still lots there. The only noise I noticed was a very minor gear whine and I used the red bushings, the CB005 I don't think added any NVH. Even though it didn't cure it for me I feel locking the diff and cradle as critical parts of the end solution for wheelhop and would definitely buy both again.

Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have both of those exact mods. I started with the Cradle Lockout Kit and aluminum differential inserts. The aluminum inserts created some NVH. Mostly gear whine at certain RPM levels but it wasn't terrible and you do get used to it. I did swap to the Steeda Red bushings in place of the aluminum inserts just to get rid of the NVH completely. The aluminum isn't terrible but the red poly inserts are almost like stock from an NVH standpoint. I don't notice wheel hop but I will have a better idea after going to track this weekend. I didn't have wheel hop with the aluminum inserts and Cradle Lockout on stock tires. You will be very happy with red bushing inserts and Cradle Lockout. You might even want to go for the black inserts. Just know that the aluminum inserts will have some NVH but it isn't terrible.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I don't have the diff bushings, but the cradle lockout kit didn't add any NVH that I've been able to detect.

It just firms things up nicely and takes a ton of the slop out of the rear. :thumbsup:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Know a few people with that combo - additional NVH while driving is minimal. Little additional shift clunking if you have a manual and already have it. About it.
Sponsored