Sponsored

Wheel Hop Solution: Steeda S550 IRS Subframe Bushing Support System (GT, V6, Eco)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hope to see you at the NMRA event in commerce GA. See the stop the hop components in action! Come by the booth and talk to our staff, we will have Brandon Smith there, one of our vehicle dynamics engineers to answer your questions. Also, meet Chris Parisi Multi-Time NMRA national champ sporting the Stop the Hop package. Plus, you will get firsthand info of our new Hard Core drag race products for the S550!
Bradenton.jpg
D.jpg
J.jpg
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hope to see you at the NMRA event in commerce GA. See the stop the hop components in action! Come by the booth and talk to our staff, we will have Brandon Smith there, one of our vehicle dynamics engineers to answer your questions. Also, meet Chris Parisi Multi-Time NMRA national champ sporting the Stop the Hop package. Plus, you will get firsthand info of our new Hard Core drag race products for the S550!
Donnie testing tonight at SGMP! Getting ready for NMRA at Commerce GA!
IMG_6044.PNG new.png

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

Awesome night at the track only made 3 passes but the car is working! Track was not its usual, but still managed a pair of 1.35's and a new personal best 9.12.... And joined the 150mph club!
Awesome Job, Donnie!

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Is an alignment recommended after install of the Steeda kit?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Is an alignment recommended after install of the Steeda kit?
I would recommend a alignment after install, especially the components that effect toe or camber. Plus, if you do the alignment dowels.

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
NMRA True Street Class Winner Commerce GA 04/08/17

Congratulations to Chris Parisi for his outstanding performance!! Stop the hop package at work!
Winner's circle ATL NMRA 2017.jpg

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I don't have my GT yet, but I've been reading into the wheel hop issue. I think I'm going to start by replacing the horrible stock rubber with some awesome Michelin's and go from there. The next would be one of these kits. I learned a valuable lesson modding my FR-S, "Don't fix what doesn't need to be fixed". I'm a bit smarter now with suspension components now because of that. Appreciate all the discussion going on. :)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have my GT yet, but I've been reading into the wheel hop issue. I think I'm going to start by replacing the horrible stock rubber with some awesome Michelin's and go from there. The next would be one of these kits. I learned a valuable lesson modding my FR-S, "Don't fix what doesn't need to be fixed". I'm a bit smarter now with suspension components now because of that. Appreciate all the discussion going on. :)
Happy to help when your ready!

TJ

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
The 2018 I saw at the NY auto show last week had Michelins. I can't remember if they were super sports or all seasons. I wonder if the 2017s have them?

Edit: 2018s get Michelin Sport 4S (this tire is their replacement for the Super Sports).

Last edited:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Sponsored

Binfordtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
In the quest to eliminate wheel-hop on a non-modified S550 GTPP, Steeda has two (possibly more) options; the braces or the bushing support system. Both say they reduce wheel-hop, but there is a $95 difference in cost between the two. Being a novice to Mustang suspension modifications, why would I choose one over the other?

PART NUMBER: 555 5754 IRS Sub-frame Support Braces
PART NUMBER: 555 4437 IRS Sub-frame Bushing Support System

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is the order we would suggest ... First up would be our alignment dowels (555-4438) which will fill the void in the factory IRS subframe mounting holes.

Next would be the IRS bushing supports (555-4437) which fill the voids in the factory bushings helping to eliminate deflection.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]dA0kzu4Ukzk[/MEDIA]"]

Last would be our IRS brace (555-5754). This brace is 4 times stronger than anything else on the market. It ties into 5 different mounting locations per side and requires no permanent modification as it uses factory mounting locations. We are so confident in this design that it's patented.

The bushings are also on the #20 car ... has won multiple races this year as a proof point!

TJ

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In the quest to eliminate wheel-hop on a non-modified S550 GTPP, Steeda has two (possibly more) options; the braces or the bushing support system. Both say they reduce wheel-hop, but there is a $95 difference in cost between the two. Being a novice to Mustang suspension modifications, why would I choose one over the other?

PART NUMBER: 555 5754 IRS Sub-frame Support Braces
PART NUMBER: 555 4437 IRS Sub-frame Bushing Support System
Binford - were you able to take advantage of the aforementioned parts during our sale?

TJ

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Congradulations to Chris Parisi! What a Outstanding Job!! Let's Win the year end Championship!!
chris parisi 3.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Another big event coming up for Chris!

Sponsored