OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I really like the black roof ... :ninja: :headbang:
I really don't. No so much because it's black but because the design of the roof panel doesn't line up with the windshield and the A-pillar at all. Having both yellow A-pillars and roof hides that effectively, whereas accenting the roof panel by giving it a contrasting color emphasizes it. It looks messy imo. This btw is not unique to the current Mustang, many cars have this design flaw. Remarkably though the previous generation Mustang didn't.

But to each his own of course :cheers:

388751?$prodpg640x480$.jpg

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION]

PJ this one is for you but I think that this is an interesting issue for general discussion as well in this thread. Remember rule #2: "There is no such a thing as too much power"! :headbang:

I have already installed the MBRP Race Catback exhausts and I have ordered the cp-e Delta Core FMIC. As soon as I install the intercooler I will go for an eTune from Adam (I so look forward to it!).

I think it is important to let you all know that I informed my local dealer, where I will have my new intercooler installed, that I will tune my car and if this will have an impact on my warranty. We had a long discussion. To cut a long story short, he told me that they will get me covered (!), but he advised me to flash the stock tune before taking the car in for service or in case of an engine issue. After flashing the stock tune it would be good to drive the car for a while - I do not know why (or I failed to understand why).

So here is my question: I would also like to install the Tune+ wastegate actuator and the only thing that holds me back is the fact that it needs a tune to operate (actually a fine tuning by Adam). As I said I will have my car tuned by Adam in a couple of weeks, but I want to be able to reflash the stock tune anytime I have to. Will the Tune+ wastegate actuator work with the stock tune and, if yes, under what circumstances?

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
[MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION]

PJ this one is for you but I think that this is an interesting issue for general discussion as well in this thread. Remember rule #2: "There is no such a thing as too much power"! :headbang:

I have already installed the MBRP Race Catback exhausts and I have ordered the cp-e Delta Core FMIC. As soon as I install the intercooler I will go for an eTune from Adam (I so look forward to it!).

I think it is important to let you all know that I informed my local dealer, where I will have my new intercooler installed, that I will tune my car and if this will have an impact on my warranty. We had a long discussion. To cut a long story short, he told me that they will get me covered (!), but he advised me to flash the stock tune before taking the car in for service or in case of an engine issue. After flashing the stock tune it would be good to drive the car for a while - I do not know why (or I failed to understand why).

So here is my question: I would also like to install the Tune+ wastegate actuator and the only thing that holds me back is the fact that it needs a tune to operate (actually a fine tuning by Adam). As I said I will have my car tuned by Adam in a couple of weeks, but I want to be able to reflash the stock tune anytime I have to. Will the Tune+ wastegate actuator work with the stock tune and, if yes, under what circumstances?
Cool dealer :D

Maybe he ment to make sure you save the stock ECU file before remapping it. What the Accessport automatically does the first time you try to remap. So that's covered!

To properly use the wastegate actuator without blowing stuff up, you'd definitely need a custom tune like Adam's. But if you install the Wastegate Actuator and have to go back to the stock tune for some reason, you can drive it no problem if you take it easy. No boost, just cruising.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
PJ there is another very smart thing you suggested a while ago (I don't remember the thread), regarding the use of the Accessport and its impact on the warranty: we can say that it's been simply used for flashing an antitheft tune. Which I will if I ever get asked.

To come back to my question, which I think is very important in order to avoid possible damage to the engine: are you certain that if I drive the car without boost, conservatively, there should be no problem? As I said this is the only thing that holds me back from ordering the Tune+ wastegate actuator. I asked the same question to Tune+ thread and will ask Adam directly when I order the e-tune in a couple of weeks.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
I can try it on my car if you like :D?

Also: personally I don't see any reason to go back to the stock tune at any time besides maybe when you have really done something wrong and need a new engine from Ford (like your dealer said). There's a more detailed thread on the topic in the US section, but I believe it said most Ford dealers would check wether a car's been tuned based on start-up cycles. F.e. a car with 20000K on the odo, but only 2 start-ups, clearly has been tuned. But which mechanic is gonna dig deeper on a car that has 20000K, no problems at all and 2000 start-ups :shrug: So if I'd have a serious problem, I'd go back to the stock tune and do like 2000 start-ups. In any other case, I'd just leave the tune on but check with the accessport after a service they didn't temper with the tune.

IMO, you could perfectly have a ecoboost with some serious power without any mechanic ever noticing it's been tuned during a service unless really looking for it. Stock location intercooler (Cobb, Mishi, CPE, MAP, ...), drop-in filter, Vargas Turbo, Accessport and Tune+ tune.

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
IMO, you could perfectly have a ecoboost with some serious power without any mechanic ever noticing it's been tuned during a service unless really looking for it.
Yeah exactly. The official Ford Store mechanic that serviced my car last month had to resort to YouTube to find out how to replace the interior filter, so I really doubt he had any clue about it being tuned.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Yeah exactly. The official Ford Store mechanic that serviced my car last month had to resort to YouTube to find out how to replace the interior filter, so I really doubt he had any clue about it being tuned.
When they serviced my car (official ford store of course) they didn't noticed the GIANT RED mmr cai tube... :doh:
oh btw they didn't noticed the red taillights, the led tribars, the red illuminated sidemarkers... well, you know :D

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
:lol::lol::lol:

OK I see! No problem then!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I can try it on my car if you like :D?

Also: personally I don't see any reason to go back to the stock tune at any time besides maybe when you have really done something wrong and need a new engine from Ford (like your dealer said). There's a more detailed thread on the topic in the US section, but I believe it said most Ford dealers would check wether a car's been tuned based on start-up cycles.
PJ do you have by any chance the link for that thread?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
My pony got a new friend yesterday. Guess which one attracted the eyes more :)

picture.jpg

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Cars and Coffee........ and I didnt injure the crowd!

_DSC3262.jpg

_DSC3241.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

[ame]
Sponsored