Sponsored

Huge news - Mustang only manages 2 STAR ANCAP safety rating

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
The only thing that is seriously unsafe on this car are the Mexican Pirelli P-Zeros. Replace those with Michelins immediately and you'll be fine.
Why the Mexican label? I have Michelin pilot super sports on my A45 and they're fantastic. Best road tyre money can buy.
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Why the Mexican label?
Because they are made in Mexico. Apparently the North American specification is made out of a very different rubber compond than the same name P-Zeros that are sold in Europe. They are by a mile the worst performance tire I have ever driven and flat out dangerous in wet conditions.

I have Michelin pilot super sports on my A45 and they're fantastic. Best road tyre money can buy.
I have the same on my 2016 and agree 100%. Can't wait to try their successor, the Pilot Sport 4S.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Because they are made in Mexico. Apparently the North American specification is made out of a very different rubber compond than the same name P-Zeros that are sold in Europe. They are by a mile the worst performance tire I have ever driven and flat out dangerous in wet conditions.

I have the same on my 2016 and agree 100%. Can't wait to try their successor, the Pilot Sport 4S.
The 4S is supposed to be almost as good as the cup 2. Definitely what will be going on mine.
Sponsored