Sponsored

Exhaust Question

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Which exhaust is the loudest? Corsa Xtreme, Borla ATAK or AWE Track Edition?

I have a FRPP Borla Sport + GT350 diffuser. I want to add more volume. I do care about refined sound but need more volume.

It's so hard to tell by videos. But between Corsa Xtreme, ATAK, AWE Track and FRPP Sport, how would you rank the exhausts in terms of which one is the loudest.

Anyone in SOCAL have a AWE Track edition exhaust?

I'm thinking about selling the diffuser/exhaust....well maybe.
Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I would guess the AWE track edition would be the loudest since it doesnt have mufflers but never heard one in person.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Xtreme. The Xtreme is actually louder and better sounding than straight pipes. Roush AB is loudest. I've heard all those in person except the AWE.

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
I know the Corsa Xtreme is louder than the Borla ATAK but I have never heard of the AWE. I have a Roush AB with an X-Pipe and I would say it is one tick below the Borla ATAK in terms of loudness.

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Agreeing on the xtreme. Roush AB H pipe here, and it is a beast above 3500 rpms lol

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I know the Corsa Xtreme is louder than the Borla ATAK
Naw, I have Ataks and have been side by side with Corsa X and I have it beat even before catless headers. No DB test, just by the sheer number of people's ears bleeding after... All in all, they are almost equal, the tone is the only real distinguishing factor in the end. Either one under WOT makes babies cry.

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Either one under WOT makes babies cry.
I have done this before and I felt horrible, mother was pissed. I'm like its 11pm on a sunday night bowling, why is your kid not in bed. They weren't outside when I pulled the car around to show my friend the exhaust notes but when I reved, yup they were... oops

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
OP- between those 3 the corsa Xtreme is the loudest. It is slightly higher pitched/ exotic sounding.

Xtreme. The Xtreme is actually louder and better sounding than straight pipes. Roush AB is loudest. I've heard all those in person except the AWE.
Is Roush AB really? Did you hear it with an H pipe or X pipe? I feel like my car isn't THAT loud but maybe it's because I hang around my friend with a straight piped Z06 with headers :shrug:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP- between those 3 the corsa Xtreme is the loudest. It is slightly higher pitched/ exotic sounding.

Is Roush AB really? Did you hear it with an H pipe or X pipe? I feel like my car isn't THAT loud but maybe it's because I hang around my friend with a straight piped Z06 with headers :shrug:
IIRC, it was an H. X is slightly tamer, but barely.

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10

I am rolling one with the H and it is still raspy af. Once I get past 4k she screams, it is loud. Going easy and she is quiet aka hood driving but that start up and the cold driving she will raspy very easily in low RPMs until warmed up.

Sponsored

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
I have Borla ATAKs without cats. I have to really think about going above 3k rpm in the city because it's too loud. I've already been stopped once and the cop asked me to pop hood and he also checked under my car for any mods. I ended up getting written up for modified exhaust, no cats, tinted front windows, and no front license plate. I hate CA sometimes.

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
All 3 are wrong. The loudest hands down is the Solo Race kit. Period.
Sponsored