Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Compare

guess im just a complete idiot... i cant figure out how to compare abd files..... i have the abd program but cant figure out where to put the vin to decode it... Can someone help? all i want is the line code to turn on SAT in my menu screen.
I put my as-built file in a folder with an identifiable prefix and then the one I want to campare with with the last eight of the vin# as a prefix. Then load the app and put yours as file 1 and the other/s after that.
Sponsored

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
I put my as-built file in a folder with an identifiable prefix and then the one I want to campare with with the last eight of the vin# as a prefix. Then load the app and put yours as file 1 and the other/s after that.
i cant find where to download a vehicles abd file..... i looked forever for the link but cant find it.

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
As Built file

i cant find where to download a vehicles abd file..... i looked forever for the link but cant find it.
Go to Motorcraftservice.com and select Free Resources and then Quick Guides and then the Module Build Data (or https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt) and then enter the vin number to get the original as built.

chriseco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 silver 6spd base ecoboost
iknow this isn't exactly part of the as built data
but I figured you guys would know the most about it
is there any cheaper odbii Bluetooth/ WiFi around 40-50 to
run a live dyno and torque sheet and also maybe some gauges I've bin looking online and there all a minimum off 200 and the interface doesn't seem that grate ethier
I'm hopping to be able to do it from my phone if possible

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Has anyone added my color cluster to a base car been programmed the premium Collision detection system out

DeuceDaTruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT-Roush Stg2 | 2016 Aprilia RSv4 RF
I did a thing:

http://prntscr.com/eq3w4a

I added these to a 2016 Mustang GT Premium (Automatic). The boost works great. I want the Oil Pressure to work if possible. Could this be accomplished with this tool. I have used it to change the screen, etc. Ford tech says it will void my warranty if they do it, but said if I do it "just don't let him know." lol. I have a factory installed Roush blower so the computers locked from tuning (I tried to use HPTuners). Appreciate some direction, as I believe its all in the MyTouch setup like everything else in these cars since the mycolor works.

I have scoured this thread and others on F150 and Focus forums for something, but nothing directly related.

Last edited:

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I did a thing:

http://prntscr.com/eq3w4a

I added these to a 2016 Mustang GT Premium (Automatic). The boost works great. I want the Oil Pressure to work if possible. Could this be accomplished with this tool. I have used it to change the screen, etc. Ford tech says it will void my warranty if they do it, but said if I do it "just don't let him know." lol. I have a factory installed Roush blower so the computers locked from tuning (I tried to use HPTuners). Appreciate some direction, as I believe its all in the MyTouch setup like everything else in these cars since the mycolor works.

I have scoured this thread and others on F150 and Focus forums for something, but nothing directly related.

You'll need a tune in order to get the oil pressure gauge to work

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
It is so weird, right? Well he was able to access, modify and write just three modules: APIM, PAM and BdyCM, so by this he was able to activate the things I pointed before (autolocks, double honk...). He has a EU model MY2015, and the ELM is ELM327 v1.5 WIFI.....:eyebulge:
First of all, I came across this thread a couple of days ago and I had to go through the majority of the posts to catch-up. Great work guys!

I would like to contribute as well, so: For those who do not want to spend a lot of money on the OBDLink MX Bluetooth just to modify a couple of things on the As-Built data of their cars, it seems that there is an alternative. I found this ELM327 USB OBD-II adapter with full functionality for FORD (MS-CAN):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/271935399987

Actually there are several items like this one on eBay. The only difference to the one mentioned in this thread is the fact that it is USB instead of bluetooth. [MENTION=23778]AngelDeath[/MENTION] (or anyone else) do you think that this OBD-II adapter would work? On the description of the item it says that it has full support to Ford specific diagnostic protocol MS-CAN.

Has anyone tried something similar to that? i just don't want to spend almost €100 (including shipping and taxes to Europe) for a couple of changes on my vehicle's As-Built data.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
First of all, I came across this thread a couple of days ago and I had to go through the majority of the posts to catch-up. Great work guys!

I would like to contribute as well, so: For those who do not want to spend a lot of money on the OBDLink MX Bluetooth just to modify a couple of things on the As-Built data of their cars, it seems that there is an alternative. I found this ELM327 USB OBD-II adapter with full functionality for FORD (MS-CAN):

Actually there are several items like this one on eBay. The only difference to the one mentioned in this thread is the fact that it is USB instead of bluetooth. [MENTION=23778]AngelDeath[/MENTION] (or anyone else) do you think that this OBD-II adapter would work? On the description of the item it says that it has full support to Ford specific diagnostic protocol MS-CAN.

Has anyone tried something similar to that? i just don't want to spend almost €100 (including shipping and taxes to Europe) for a couple of changes on my vehicle's As-Built data.
Yes, this will work. I used an ELM327 that I modified by adding a switch for HS-CAN just like this adapter already has and it worked fine for the most part. The cheap ELM327s from China can be flakey, which mine was, and do not always read or write successfully but it will do the job if you are just doing this once in a while. If it fails to write, you just do it again, no big deal. I can't tell if this is a high quality adapter or not, it looks almost exactly like all other ELM327's.

With this adapter, you WILL need to do some extra work while operating it because it will not auto switch between the CAN busses. You need to manually flip the switch when the program tells you to, but again, if you are only doing this once in a while, not a big deal.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks jstump2490. I only want to change a couple of things on my car's As-Built data (and probably never use it again), so I guess this will do the job for me.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

I bought a similar one on eBay and posted about it in this thread, post #1229. It works great and because it's NOT wireless or bluetooth, there's never a concern about interference disrupting communication. I get what I believe to be all modules.

Regarding the extra work that [MENTION=22055]jstump2490[/MENTION] mentioned, it's true but for the most part, ForScan will prompt you to flip the switch when needed. The one exception I've found is it seems to need to be in a certain position when first starting. When I first connect, if it's in the wrong position, I get some message, I flip the switch and then it connects fine. After that, it lets me know when i need to flip the switch. I love it and only spent about $15.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Joe, I just saw your post. Sorry I missed it, it's a huge thread!

I thought it would be fine to use, but I wanted to confirm before ordering it.
Sponsored