OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I do love my Mustang, I would love an GT 350, but sorry Ford, even though I feel the Mustang is the better looking car, I'd be taking the Camaro ZL1 10-speed everytime:

[ame]

GM has made a stonking car, already priced myself one up at $63,500 with options, so very tempted to order one or see if Litchfield can get me one of these as new Mustang will cost me 40k-45k and then I will want to drop 10k in mods on it if not more. Whereas this will be 60k and well needs no modifications as GM have it totally spot on out the box just like a GT3 and other super cars.

Question is can I cope with a road sweeper again? :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I do love my Mustang, I would love an GT 350, but sorry Ford, even though I feel the Mustang is the better looking car, I'd be taking the Camaro ZL1 10-speed everytime:

GM has made a stonking car, already priced myself one up at $63,500 with options, so very tempted to order one or see if Litchfield can get me one of these as new Mustang will cost me 40k-45k and then I will want to drop 10k in mods on it if not more. Whereas this will be 60k and well needs no modifications as GM have it totally spot on out the box just like a GT3 and other super cars.

£10 says if you do buy it you will get mods.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
£10 says if you do buy it you will get mods.

There is always something, but the core elements, styling, power and handling are all sorted.

So would probably be just LED's or something.

Bit like a GT3 they come so sorted spot on from factory no need to fuck with what is already spot on.

Though I got the Mustang rather sideways through a corner yesterday in the dry but no sweaty brow, handled lovely and that is still with alignment not done. :)

KW's are pretty epic!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
There is always something, but the core elements, styling, power and handling are all sorted.

So would probably be just LED's or something.

Bit like a GT3 they come so sorted spot on from factory no need to fuck with what is already spot on.

Though I got the Mustang rather sideways through a corner yesterday in the dry but no sweaty brow, handled lovely and that is still with alignment not done. :)

KW's are pretty epic!
haha, true that, looks a damn sight better than the droopy MY18 :tsk: .

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
haha, true that, looks a damn sight better than the droopy MY18 :tsk: .
Waiting to see it in flesh, Mustangs are sleek and not that big on the road.

A Camaro however is a freaking brick on the road, they are truly huge then add the fact your on left hand side does not make them the easiest thing to drive in UK particular with their piss poor visibility.

The sensible choice would be a Corvette Stingray (new one) in convertible form, they are not as wide and roof down great visibility and proper super car looks, but when I drove one in USA it was an oversteering bitch, would be an absolute handful on UK roads.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting to see it in flesh, Mustangs are sleek and not that big on the road.

A Camaro however is a freaking brick on the road, they are truly huge then add the fact your on left hand side does not make them the easiest thing to drive in UK particular with their piss poor visibility.

The sensible choice would be a Corvette Stingray (new one) in convertible form, they are not as wide and roof down great visibility and proper super car looks, but when I drove one in USA it was an oversteering bitch, would be an absolute handful on UK roads.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...81739?make=CHEVROLET&model=CORVETTE&logcode=p

Shame it isn't the z06 or z07 package as it's only a 51, but still, beast of a car ;)!

Anyway, think in the flesh it may change, but on pictures and videos i've been seeing it's a bit of a disappointment, especially in it's rag top variant :tsk:! I do however think a few tasteful mods will make it look badass :clap2:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Don't upset the fanboys by discussing Camaros - I made that mistake!

Apparently the Camaro will be coming in RHD in 2020

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car

Certainly looks awesome but would still be GT350R for me - manual box and FPC V8 is my perfect combination ... and as you say the Mustang looks way better!

By the way Gibbo, where do you get your M3 insured? Approx how much if you don't mind me asking? Cheers ...

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't upset the fanboys by discussing Camaros - I made that mistake!

Apparently the Camaro will be coming in RHD in 2020

Problem is if they do not do the special editions then its all a bit mute really. Stock Camaro VS Stock Mustang, I'd rather take the Mustang as they are pretty evenly matched and the Mustang is easier to live with and by the time a Camaro comes if it does Ford will probably be doing a pretty decent job of repairing/servicing them.

I know now I've found another dealership I am over the moon with the service and knowledge at the dealership I am using.

For me though GT 350 VS ZL1, the ZL1 is just a far better road car that just happens to crush nearly all its competitors on track too including super cars.

Mustang, Camaro, both great, Mustang likes nicer, Camaro probably drives nicer, but both are quite even.

Most importantly both are rare cars on UK roads and both sound and look awesome, certainly better than the run of the mill Audi, Mercs and BMW's populating the roads.

Always love seeing another Mustang on the road, don't get me wrong I love it when I see another M3, but the M3 has no presence in comparison.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Certainly looks awesome but would still be GT350R for me - manual box and FPC V8 is my perfect combination ... and as you say the Mustang looks way better!

By the way Gibbo, where do you get your M3 insured? Approx how much if you don't mind me asking? Cheers ...

I think my Mustang is with A-Plan around £400 with all modifications declared and valued at around £45,000

M3 is done with Classic Line and has a custom valuation of £16,000 which involved me giving them a full spec, photographs etc. and cost of the big upgrades and us both agreeing the valuation and track cover etc. I pay around £400 per year for this. :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree the Mustang looks nicer but not for the 2018! Good times though that we have more "muscle cars" coming for 2020. I use inverted commas as hoping they stay muscle cars, which means heavy, powerful, fast in a straight line and good value not light, stuffed full of tech and overpriced! But the crucial point for is that they must keep the stick transmission!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100% with you there. Naturally aspirated with a stick shift is the pinnacle of motoring for me- the Porsche R currently leads on this. I can't stand 6 speed autos so 10 speed would be unbearable for me. If that became the norm I'd spend my money on a push bike and give up on cars, maybe that's the plan?!

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100% with you there. Naturally aspirated with a stick shift is the pinnacle of motoring for me- the Porsche R currently leads on this. I can't stand 6 speed autos so 10 speed would be unbearable for me. If that became the norm I'd spend my money on a push bike and give up on cars, maybe that's the plan?!
Or a huge supercharger! Proper muscle cars always had big super chargers and were actually traditionally automatics as well.

I'd rather it was not heavy though, no point in having 600HP in a 2 tonne shell if a 300HP hot hatch can give your ass a kicking because its half the weight. ;)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes but then it just becomes a light/nimble sports car but I understand your point :)
Sponsored