WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Dr Colorchip looks like the best option at this stage.
Package arrived today.

Once this rain pisses off, I'll give the car a tub and see how it goes.
IMG_4381.jpg
Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Package arrived today.

Once this rain pisses off, I'll give the car a tub and see how it goes.
Looking at the forecast, I'm concerned that this rain might never piss off. If it does though, I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts. The front of my car took an absolute beating during the Putty rd cruise :(

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the forecast, I'm concerned that this rain might never piss off. If it does though, I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts. The front of my car took an absolute beating during the Putty rd cruise :(
Will post before/after pics for sure.

I'm pretty confident (after watching YouTube reviews) that it will do a reasonable job.

One of their kits, the "Squirt 'n Squeegee", contains extra paint and a squeegee to assist with areas of mass destruction.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Ive got a few already I had to touch up, paint and a fine wood toothpick works perfectly can put just enough on so its not raised
+1 for toothpick method. A little drop at the tip depending on how large the chip is is all you need.

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Jinxed myself. :rant:

Copped a rock from a truck going in the opposite direction through some roadworks in the rain a few days ago - could see it coming for me but could do absolutely nothing about it.

Made one hell of a thud when it hit. Got home and couldn't see anything because of the water droplets - all was revealed once it dried off.

Only a small chip at the top of the rear driver's side wheel arch and thankfully no dent. Stands out like a sore thumb mainly because I keep looking at it.

Dr Colorchip looks like the best option at this stage.
I picked up two stone chips on the Snowy Mountains Highway last week in the same spot and a small crack in the windscreen at the same time. Had the crack fixed when I got home and it's 95% and bought touchup paint from Auto West Paint Supplies in Penrith who mix it for you on the spot using the paint code. $15 for a 50ml tin is very good value.

Sponsored

peambros

Inner westie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
RR MY2016 V8 Fastback
Getting mine airbrushed by my panel beater next week. He restores mustangs and thinks we are fastidious. At least he understands. Then onto Carsales after detailing.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

peambros

Inner westie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
RR MY2016 V8 Fastback
Plans driven by downsizing to a house with a garage that won't fit the car, both my boys can't sit in the back seat and my DD struggles led me to get something smaller but with some zip...taking delivery this week of a black AMG A45 with aero kit and diff lock. Seats 4, fits the new garage and goes like shit off a shovel. May go back to a pony in a couple of years when the boys move on. Tough decision after such a long wait but practicality rules.
Sponsored