2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
could someone send me the group buy info as well?

Thanks!
I'll take it as well while we're on the subject.
The GB I set up through Automation White Bear Lake is over. It was set up last fall. Contact Mike R. (fordsvtparts is his forum name) or call him and he should be able to set you guys up with the best deal. Just tell him Dave sent you. Hope that helps.
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I confirmed my warranty with Ford Perf when I installed via ASE certified.

camobob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT MT PP
I'm interested in the PP2 as well. Can someone help clarify the warranty for me?
The way I read it, Ford Performance warranties the parts if installed by an ASE tech.
All PPs are considered aftermarket.
The PP doesn't void the factory warranty for items not affected by the aftermarket parts.

So that leaves me thinking that if I have an engine or tranny failure and my dealer says it's due to the aftermarket tune, I'm SOL.

Am I reading this right?
If I am. how is this different from any other aftermarket tune?

Thanks!

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
An update on PP3:

I autocrosssed the car on Saturday and the extra speed available in 2nd gear due to the higher redline definitely made the car significantly quicker. With the extra power, I now have to be careful when the tires are cold. On our, not very grippy, autocross surface, the car will spin the tires when cold on the straights between corners. When stock, the Bridgestone RE71Rs wouldn't spin in 2nd, even when cold. On subsequent laps, once there was a bit of heat in the tires, wheelspin in 2nd was no longer an issue.

After the autocross, I was able to find a quiet street, where I could try a 0-60 run, using track apps and got 4.9 seconds. I've only used the track apps acceleration timer about once before and I think I got about 5.3 or 5.4 seconds when stock. I used launch control, and launched at 3000 rpm. There was a fair amount of wheelspin, but no bog, and the tires spun a bit when I shifted into 2nd. I'm not a drag racer and I'm sure someone with more skill could shave a fair amount of time off. Even so, I would guess that the car is around a half second quicker to 60 than it was stock.

I would like to try 1/8 mile and maybe 1/4 mile runs, but I can't think of a nearby location where I can do this safely. I think there is some sanctioned 1/8 drag racing here in San Diego, so maybe I'll give that a try sometime.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
An update on PP3:

I autocrosssed the car on Saturday and the extra speed available in 2nd gear due to the higher redline definitely made the car significantly quicker. With the extra power, I now have to be careful when the tires are cold. On our, not very grippy, autocross surface, the car will spin the tires when cold on the straights between corners. When stock, the Bridgestone RE71Rs wouldn't spin in 2nd, even when cold. On subsequent laps, once there was a bit of heat in the tires, wheelspin in 2nd was no longer an issue.

After the autocross, I was able to find a quiet street, where I could try a 0-60 run, using track apps and got 4.9 seconds. I've only used the track apps acceleration timer about once before and I think I got about 5.3 or 5.4 seconds when stock. I used launch control, and launched at 3000 rpm. There was a fair amount of wheelspin, but no bog, and the tires spun a bit when I shifted into 2nd. I'm not a drag racer and I'm sure someone with more skill could shave a fair amount of time off. Even so, I would guess that the car is around a half second quicker to 60 than it was stock.

I would like to try 1/8 mile and maybe 1/4 mile runs, but I can't think of a nearby location where I can do this safely. I think there is some sanctioned 1/8 drag racing here in San Diego, so maybe I'll give that a try sometime.
Thank you -- this is really good info! I'm glad to learn you were able to get under 5.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I'm interested in the PP2 as well. Can someone help clarify the warranty for me?
The way I read it, Ford Performance warranties the parts if installed by an ASE tech.
All PPs are considered aftermarket.
The PP doesn't void the factory warranty for items not affected by the aftermarket parts.

So that leaves me thinking that if I have an engine or tranny failure and my dealer says it's due to the aftermarket tune, I'm SOL.

Am I reading this right?
If I am. how is this different from any other aftermarket tune?

Thanks!
It's CARB certified and uses FoMoCo parts.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
An update on PP3:

Are you getting any pinging or rev-hang (cold) with the frpp3?

u980029

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Can someone post on how much is the install cost for Power Pack 2? If its been answered please let me know where.

I was quoted 3 hrs (about $380) but I think this dealer was not very familiar with Ford Power Packs

Thanks

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
Can someone post on how much is the install cost for Power Pack 2? If its been answered please let me know where.

I was quoted 3 hrs (about $380) but I think this dealer was not very familiar with Ford Power Packs

Thanks
My selling dealer doesn't install them. I had my local reputable speed shop install it for $390. They had installed one before mine. I'm loving the torque down low.

Sponsored

u980029

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
so 3hrs/~400 is what seems normal per the responses, I was curious since this dealer didn't seem to know much about Ford packs, they just knew Roush. I will try to see if others dealers around have better knowledge and give me a quote.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)

Thanks
Guy quoted me 2.5 to 3 hours. And I had already jacked the sound-tube. I think it's just a total lack of familiarity with the product and their desire to make money that is costing so much. They actually tested mine so that obviously took some time, but the actual physical installation of the parts is like 30 minutes of work I'd wager.

But they also have to learn about the ProCal and read the instructions etc. so that probably does take a while. Thankfully the original group buy kept the total cost down. So far it's been very worth it, though with the wet and cold weather persisting a bit in the NE I haven't really had a chance to get on it.

carlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert
An update on PP3:

Question. How is the no lift shift feature?

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
I haven't noticed any pinging at all with PP3.
So far I have not tried a no lift shift, so I can't comment on it yet.
I'm not sure about rev hang when cold, I'll try and pay more attention next time I drive the car.

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I haven't noticed any pinging at all with PP3.
So far I have not tried a no lift shift, so I can't comment on it yet.
I'm not sure about rev hang when cold, I'll try and pay more attention next time I drive the car.
Can you hit 60 in first now with the new rev limit?
Sponsored