Sponsored

Do the PP swaybar's come with poly bushings??

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Hey guys, going to do some sus mods on mt GT PP and was wondering if I can add Poly bushings and better quality end links to my PP sway bars to save some money. This is not a track car just want to firm it up and make it more planted. I am not sure if the fac sway bar bushings are poly or not.

thanks!!
Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I might be wrong as I don't have a PP but I think the bushings are attached on the PP front swaybar, which is the one you want to firm up. The GT350 front swaybar is a cheap upgrade, or if you want even cheaper see the free swaybar mod.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You can add Energy Suspension poly bushings (get the black ones, they have something in them that prevents squeaks apparently, but same hardness). You will need to remove the bushing from the stock sway bar and I think the bracket - the bushings are like glued onto the sway bar. At least they were attached to mine.

Honestly... I'd just get Steeda Sway bars, use the backet/bushings provided, and call it a day. But that's up to you.

OP
OP

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys, As we all know parts add up very quickly. It is not only the bars, it is also the end links.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Thanks guys, As we all know parts add up very quickly. It is not only the bars, it is also the end links.
If you're keeping the stock bars, I highly doubt you need aftermarket end links unless you intend to remove preload. I highly doubt you'll bend the stock links on street tires. I have been to road courses on one setting from full stiff and they didn't bend and Steeda's sway bars are pretty damn stiff at that setting. Somehow people are bending them with stock bars. I gotta figure out how. The rear end links are far too short to bend... ever. If you bend those - well, you're the man.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
POly bushing on the stock bar isn't anything that you're going to feel to be perfectly honest, it'll be placebo and not really worth the trouble or cost.

OP
OP

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. This is about the front bar
Sponsored