WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Speak to Mike at Modurstang. He is fitting my Roush s/c in April. He is also fitting uprated oil pump gears, uprated crank shaft timing gear, air to oil oil cooler, and a API SFI Harmonic balancer. Also fitting new Driveshaft Shop one piece aluminium drive shaft and half shafts. I had also bought Kooks green cats 7/8 headers to help the supercharger perform better. Just hope the brembos work.:thumbsup:
Sponsored

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Speak to Mike at Modurstang. He is fitting my Roush s/c in April. He is also fitting uprated oil pump gears, uprated crank shaft timing gear, air to oil oil cooler, and a API SFI Harmonic balancer. Also fitting new Driveshaft Shop one piece aluminium drive shaft and half shafts. I had also bought Kooks green cats 7/8 headers to help the supercharger perform better. Just hope the brembos work.:thumbsup:
Saw your kit there when I was at Mike's looks nice also sounds like your in for a big invoice $$$$$ don't forget to lower the motor worth doing while your at it.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
???? Tell me more.. please..
When you fit the Whipple you need to cut away a section of the K brace due to the additional height.

If you fit Steeda adjustable engine mounts you can lower the whole engine enough to clear the K brace and avoid any modification to it. ÂŁ219 for a pair.

Sponsored

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
I have Steeda adjustable engine mounts already bought to lower the centre of gravity of the car and let the supercharger fit the engine bay more comfortably.
Unfortunately I am at this stage unable to give the full price to carry out parts and labour as I would be looking at a divorce from my better half if she knew.:paddle::tsk::thumbsup:

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Yeah we say its a must do mod in the UK. PLus of course they are stronger and better able to deal with the added weight of the supercharger and of course all that extra torque!

I have to say that working with Steeda has opened my eyes to the power of engine mounts! Something I had always assumed to be something you only changed when yours broke has now been repeatedly proven to me both personally and by customers to be a potentially major improvement.

Example 1. Focus ST: Our demo Focus ST was transformed by the addition of our rear engine mount, which i tested on an airfield sprint course. Without it, it was crazy wheel spin and hop, with it...boom! traction! I was stunned that a single mount could make so much difference.

Example 2: Customer Race S197 Mustang: Fitted to help with Supercharger install BUT wow, he LOVED the improvement it made to his cars handling: Read the full blog post HERE

But in Brief:
"The main point of fitting the Steeda engine bushes was not intended to improve performance, but to take advantage of the adjustable height washers in the kit, which allowed the engine to be lowered by nearly one inch, to gain increased underhood clearance for the supercharger pulley. A side benefit of this was to allow the Steeda strut brace to be refitted, which had originally been removed when the supercharger was fitted, again due to clearance issues."

Unintended Benefits:
"The black stiffer rubber bushes meant that instead of energy being wasted twisting the engine, it was now going to the back wheels which felt like a 50BHP power upgrade. This also meant I was able to lower the engine by an inch, which in turn meant that I was able to refit the strut tower brace which had previously been removed as the supercharger was too tall. The lower centre of gravity and stiffer front end had transformed the car’s handling – it now turned like an old mini ! It is quit astounding that such a simple upgrade involving some bits of rubber and bent metal could have such an astounding improvement on both performance and handling – giving a huge increase in confidence in the cars abilities. I would strongly recommend this Steeda upgrade as the best value for money performance increase you can buy for your Mustang ! " :clap2::headbang::cheers:

Example 3:
AJ Racing Focus mk1 Time Attack / Sprint car. Steeda mounts replaced another brand of aftermarket mounts which broke when dealing with race environment. No names mentioned, but the Steeda mounts transformed the front of the car. :cheers::headbang:

All in all it goes to show you that engine mounts arent as boring as they sound! haha!

Oh and back to the original point, they are a MUST have for a UK supercharger install. Buy yours here: https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-adjustable-heavy-duty-s550-engine-mounts-2015-gt-c2x16680804

555-4005-S550-GT-EngineMounts3-zoom.jpg
Sponsored