Sponsored

Lights! Camera! Action! - New Diode Dynamics Mustang Lighting Options from Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Hi Everyone, just wanted to let you know we are now stocking some new Diode Dynamics lighting options for your ponies.

For bringing some much needed light up front we have the LUXEON Mustang Front Fog light LED Replacements

These are a plug and play fitment, just pull out your old lamps and plug in the loom into the new Luxeon ones.

The integrated projector lens distributes light in a wide, even pattern, compliant with DOT and ECE standards for use on-road. With a durable polycarbonate lens, aluminum housing, and constant-current drive circuit, these LEDs will be durable and reliable for years to come.

Powered by three genuine Luxeon T LED chips per side, the perfect 5000K white color provides a brilliant LED illumination, with a Trulux measured output of 600 lumens.

Here is a pic on a Focus ST showing the difference between Ford Stock and Luxeon:
fog-led-stock-vs-luxeon-FocusST-zoom.jpg

Our other option is a range of interior LED kits, either in cool white (currently sold out already, but more coming soon, or add some colour with red or blue (in stock) or Green, which is a special order.

The kits include:

2-194 HP5 Map Light LED Bulbs
1-194 HP5 Trunk (boot to you and me) Light LED Bulb
1-194 HP5 Glove Light LED Bulb
4-74 SMD1 Vanity Light LED Bulbs

Diode Dynamics LED Conversion Kits include all of the LED bulbs you need to replace the incandescent bulbs in your vehicle. It has been tested in your specific vehicle, for perfect fitment, and no guesswork! No modification is required for installation, you simply replace the bulbs!

This LED package will provide a substantial improvement in brightness compared to stock. The factory bulbs are 35 lumens each, while the replacement Cool White HP5 Bulbs are 92 lumens each.

You can order your Mustang Interior LED replacement kit HERE

mustang-led-conversion1-Interior-pack1-big.jpg

At under £50 inc vat why not bring a little colour (not color) to your Mustang's interior?
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
With the replacement fog lights what happens to the stock DRLs which are housed in the same factory unit?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
^ One thing I don't know! :p

If steeda would like to send me a set i'll tell you ;)

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
and I'm happy to test them in the harsh 'up north' environment ;)

Seriously though, I'm assuming these are simple enough to install? Had issues on previous cars where most of the front end had to come off to replace fogs.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, the Italian chap with the extensive broom collection ;)
Still leaves the problem of dealing with the DRL cable/socket and living without DRLs (unless you are Manders and have the better solution).
This is assuming that what Steeda are selling is fogs only.
Simply disconnect the DRL cable/socket, put electrical tape all around, and leave it behind the bumper. That's what I've done :thumbsup:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Simply disconnect the DRL cable/socket, put electrical tape all around, and leave it behind the bumper. That's what I've done :thumbsup:
Is it not easier to just replace the bulbs with LEDs? Is it possible?
Don't think I've ever used my fogs.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it not easier to just replace the bulbs with LEDs? Is it possible?
Don't think I've ever used my fogs.
Yes it is possible and at the end it'll be cheaper than to swap the entire light :thumbsup:

The hardest point will be to find a plug & play bulb for this light...

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I'm guessing the above has answered the question, but yes you will be DRL less with these. So either you wont be that bothered by them, or its a perfect addition to someone who has done the DRL "in light" swap out to a US style setup...

As for [MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] we also have bulbs for that! FogLight swap out..... Ill post pics and link etc tomorrow when that is up....
Sponsored