2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com 134 - Mountune - 1
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
Homepage Wiki MOTM Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Ford Bronco Forum Calendar Garage

Go Back   2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com > Technical Subforums > Forced Induction - 5.0L V8 Engine

Forced Induction - 5.0L V8 Engine Discussion of superchargers, turbo, nitrous and related for the 5.0L V8 engine.

User Tag List

Old 03-19-2017, 09:12 PM   #496
RogerS550

Drives: 2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP 50th
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmeo View Post
The new stands are now different compared to the ones they sent out as a fix a year or so ago. The fist ones were just machined down to no longer be press fit into the idler plate but were otherwise no different than the ones that came originally with the supercharger. The new ones are now a little shorter.

I know the idler plates in the new kits rolling out the door now have the stand holes in them opened up compared the the first design to make the stands no longer press fit but just gettin the new shorter stands and press fitting them into my first design idler plate combined with the new tensioner have eliminated the chirps I have been experiencing for a year and 1/2.

FYI I have 10 rib setup which uses the long belt route but I'm confident doing the same will eliminate your issue as well.
Good deal. Thanks for the heads up about the newest version of the stands.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:57 PM   #497
jhatley7

Drives: 2016 White GT PP
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
The new stands are now different compared to the ones they sent out as a fix a year or so ago. The fist ones were just machined down to no longer be press fit into the idler plate but were otherwise no different than the ones that came originally with the supercharger. The new ones are now a little shorter.

I know the idler plates in the new kits rolling out the door now have the stand holes in them opened up compared the the first design to make the stands no longer press fit but just gettin the new shorter stands and press fitting them into my first design idler plate combined with the new tensioner have eliminated the chirps I have been experiencing for a year and 1/2.

FYI I have 10 rib setup which uses the long belt route but I'm confident doing the same will eliminate your issue as well.
This is what makes me think it is my error leading to my issues.
| 2016 PP GT Premium Oxford White | Lund Tuned | 2.9L Whipple Ford Blue Stage 2 | 3.5 Pulley 93 | 3.0 Pulley E85 | 10-Rib | OPG and CG | DSS 1400 HP Half Shafts | DSS 4" Aluminum DS | MGW | TR6060 | Mcleod RST Twin (dead) | Cobra Jet Intake | Watson Ice Box | UPR Whipple Catch Can | ARH 1 7/8 O/R | Corsa Sports | CB005 | BMR Vertical Links | BMR Performance Front & Drag Rear Springs | Viking Crusader | Fore Triple | ID1000 | VS07 19s | Welds | N2MB WOT Box | G2 Caliper Paint | GT350R Steering Wheel | TBD.........
jhatley7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:26 PM   #498
Jmeo
You said member ;)

Name: Jaime
Drives: 2017 Premium A6 Magnetic
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhatley7 View Post
This is what makes me think it is my error leading to my issues.
I wish I had any info to help you

You say you have the newest stands released in the last couple months? Do you have the first run idler plate which requires press fitting the stands or the newer version which they loosely fit into?

If pressfit perhaps one or more was pressed in at a slight angle causing a misalignment? Innitially this was thought to be the culprit and is why they release a stand with one end machined down to no longer be press fit to eliminate the possibility of misalignment.

If loose fit perhaps one or more of the stands were 1/2 in 1/2 out of the holes in the idler plate when you tipped the plate into position and then tightened down out of alignment? A trick is to tape them to the idler plate in their correct position so when you tip the idler plate into position they stay aligned and then remove the tape after snugging the plate down hand tight. I also recommend reaching behind the plate with your fingers and spin the stands to make sure they spin and are in their groove before torquing the plate to the engine. Also be sure to torque to the proper setting per the instructions and not just crank them tight by feel.

Anyway, that's all can think of right now. Good luck and let us know if you figure it out.
GTFOSquad #0052
Instagram: jmeo291
Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/499781586894652/My build thread http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66890
Jmeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 03-19-2017, 11:33 PM   #499
jhatley7

Drives: 2016 White GT PP
Quote:
I wish I had any info to help you

If loose fit perhaps one or more of the stands were 1/2 in 1/2 out of the holes in the idler plate when you tipped the plate into position and then tightened down out of alignment? A trick is to tape them to the idler plate in their correct position so when you tip the idler plate into position they stay aligned and then remove the tape after snugging the plate down hand tight. I also recommend reaching behind the plate with your fingers and spin the stands to make sure they spin and are in their groove before torquing the plate to the engine. Also be sure to torque to the proper setting per the instructions and not just crank them tight by feel.

Anyway, that's all can think of right now. Good luck and let us know if you figure it out.
Loose fit. I actually put them in one at a time with the plate vertical. Bolt in one hand stand in the other, etc... Then recheck stands and hand tighten re check lol.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help! I will probably just wait till my motor build to mess with it again unless it gets worse. Being right now car is on the lift about to pull the trans for a clutch job. AGAIN lol.
| 2016 PP GT Premium Oxford White | Lund Tuned | 2.9L Whipple Ford Blue Stage 2 | 3.5 Pulley 93 | 3.0 Pulley E85 | 10-Rib | OPG and CG | DSS 1400 HP Half Shafts | DSS 4" Aluminum DS | MGW | TR6060 | Mcleod RST Twin (dead) | Cobra Jet Intake | Watson Ice Box | UPR Whipple Catch Can | ARH 1 7/8 O/R | Corsa Sports | CB005 | BMR Vertical Links | BMR Performance Front & Drag Rear Springs | Viking Crusader | Fore Triple | ID1000 | VS07 19s | Welds | N2MB WOT Box | G2 Caliper Paint | GT350R Steering Wheel | TBD.........
jhatley7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #500
Jmeo
You said member ;)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhatley7 View Post
Loose fit. I actually put them in one at a time with the plate vertical. Bolt in one hand stand in the other, etc... Then recheck stands and hand tighten re check lol.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help! I will probably just wait till my motor build to mess with it again unless it gets worse. Being right now car is on the lift about to pull the trans for a clutch job. AGAIN lol.

Glad to help, I hope you get it figured out
GTFOSquad #0052
Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/499781586894652/My build thread http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66890
Old 03-20-2017, 10:09 AM   #501
Roh92cp

Name: Shawn
Drives: OW GTPP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Keep in mind the new procedure for installing the idler plate now has the plate torqued to spec with the lower manifold bolts loose. This way if the SC and lower are NOT interfering with the plate, then the entire SC unit will move not the plate. Then the top bolt on the plate to SC is torqued down so again if there is a miss or gap the entire SC will be drawn into the plate. Lastly the SC lower manifold bolts are torqued. This new procedure helps to keeps the idler plate to timing cover true and unaffect by the SC location, and with the new shorter idler stands most people so far have no belt noise that I know of.
2.9L WHIPPLE, flight control/guardian 15 GTPP OW, NEW ENGINE STOCK OPG FAILED, MMR crank and OPG, MMR head cooling mod and secondary timing chain tensioner, ATI damper, MGW shifter, Niche Vicenza 20x10 squared 265/35 front 275/35 rear on CJ Pony springs. MBRP catback with customs mufflers and resonator.

Last edited by Roh92cp; 03-20-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Roh92cp is online now   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 03-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #502
RockStang

Name: Joe
Drives: 201 GT Whippled
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
FYI I spoke with Dustin and it looks like the new tensioner should have come with revised idle plate stands which I didn't get. He's going to send them to me. fingers crossed. It would be such a relief to start the car and have no chirping.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #503
bigfoot21075

Drives: 2012 F350
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStang View Post
FYI I spoke with Dustin and it looks like the new tensioner should have come with revised idle plate stands which I didn't get. He's going to send them to me. fingers crossed. It would be such a relief to start the car and have no chirping.
Let's hope that does it! I have to imagine this is frustrating!
bigfoot21075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:05 PM   #504
S550Whipple12

Drives: 2.9l whipple
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wow I never got that either my car makes a swoosh noise at high Rpms anyone else have this
S550Whipple12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #505
Roh92cp

Name: Shawn
Drives: OW GTPP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S550Whipple12 View Post
Wow I never got that either my car makes a swoosh noise at high Rpms anyone else have this
I would not think the noise your speaking of would be belt related at least not what we here are having issue with here. When you say swoosh sound,mwhen does it occur? When you shift, when you let off or just when in WOT.
2.9L WHIPPLE, flight control/guardian 15 GTPP OW, NEW ENGINE STOCK OPG FAILED, MMR crank and OPG, MMR head cooling mod and secondary timing chain tensioner, ATI damper, MGW shifter, Niche Vicenza 20x10 squared 265/35 front 275/35 rear on CJ Pony springs. MBRP catback with customs mufflers and resonator.
Roh92cp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:16 PM   #506
S550Whipple12

Drives: 2.9l whipple
It only does it in low gear at high rpm
I had a dyno done with old tensionar belt was literally jumping you can see it in the graph
Also the piece of the tensionar that goes into pulley bracket was broken

I never had a noise when I was running the shorter belt
S550Whipple12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:07 PM   #507
MidLifeCrisis_Stang

Name: Al
Drives: 2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roh92cp View Post
Keep in mind the new procedure for installing the idler plate now has the plate torqued to spec with the lower manifold bolts loose. This way if the SC and lower are NOT interfering with the plate, then the entire SC unit will move not the plate. Then the top bolt on the plate to SC is torqued down so again if there is a miss or gap the entire SC will be drawn into the plate. Lastly the SC lower manifold bolts are torqued. This new procedure helps to keeps the idler plate to timing cover true and unaffect by the SC location, and with the new shorter idler stands most people so far have no belt noise that I know of.
I emailed Dustin today about my issue and they are sending out the new idler plate stands. They also emailed me the installation procedure which requires loosening of the SC manifold bolts to pull in the SC for proper alignment as you mentioned.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #508
rio16
DomesticDisturbance

Name: Rio
Drives: 2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Dustin/Mike and Dave have been great in helping me as well. Whipple sending out the new stand and idlers. Forgot to ask for the long belt. Anyone know where I can get it. Thanks
Old 03-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #509
Jmeo
You said member ;)

Garage
They are amazing, they never cease to amaze me how great they are. Hopefully you all get it squared away because it is such a joy to no longer have the mice under the hood.
GTFOSquad #0052
Users thanking this:
Old 03-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #510
Whipple SC

Drives: 2015 5.0
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot21075 View Post
Let's hope that does it! I have to imagine this is frustrating!
90% of the issues went away with just the tensioner. The rest required the new stands and loosening the manifold to pull forward.
Whipple SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this: