Selling Egoboost, buying a GT

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
Congrats! Too bad about the black wheels but otherwise just gorgeous.
No that is what it makes just even nicer those black rimms. A bit yellow around them would be perfect. Please NO alu which makes me :doh:
But everyone his own opinion!

Anyway beautiful car and those Recaro seats are cool!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Well, to sum up. I've picked up the car yesterday with 25km and put almost 300 km to it yesterday's evening and today. Revved it up gently few times, but trying to break it in properly.

First impressions, GT vs Ecoboost:

- I've been driving automatic for last 4 years (last year and a half in Ecoboost) so it was a funny transition back to MT, but definitely "no ragrets". I'm still a bit lazy with manual but it's getting better :D
- However, the clutch feels a bit weird in comparison to my previous MTs, I need to figure that out to make shifting smoother and learn how to do a perfect downshift with revmatch
- Recaros are awesome, much better than classic seats. Hopefully I won't miss heating function, cooling was shit anyway. The yellow interior stitching is epic.
- V8 is V8, I love the rumble at the idle and sound inside the car while accelerating.
- GT is actually quit in a good way vs the Ecoboost with MBRP Race catback - it was too much for me in the long time. However, you can't replace V8 sound.
- SYNC3 is SO MUCH better than that old shit, holy crap.
- The yellow / black combination was obviously intended, I plan to paint the roof black and maybe mirror (could be an overkill tho, haven't decided about that one yet).

TLDR: Transition from EB to GT, from AT to MT and from classic seats to Recaros makes the ride like 10x more enjoyable for me. Also, so many eyes on that yellow colour, much more than Guard Green. No wonders, it's a great colour.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
- However, the clutch feels a bit weird in comparison to my previous MTs,
You might wanna try the Steeda Clutch Spring. It will not make the pedal any less heavy but it will improve the linearity of the clutch pedal.

OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
You might wanna try the Steeda Clutch Spring. It will not make the pedal any less heavy but it will improve the linearity of the clutch pedal.
Actually just reading about it and it describes my problem exactly. The pedal feels really weird and inconsistent and I'm usually jerking the car when starting to move or shifting from first to second. Will probably switch that for Steeda then, thanks!

OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Ordered Steeda clutch spring. Also, I'm flying back from the US on Friday after 2 weeks and can't wait to drive the damn car finally :D I'm also scheduled for a black roof wrap on Monday, will post some pics afterwards.

Sponsored

OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Wrapped the roof and mirrors with vinyl yesterday.

m.jpg

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Congrats with the GT!

Been wondering lately what my trade in value/selling price would be for my 15 EB/AT with 16000KM? Anyone knows where I could find this out?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Are you going to trade in for a GT @Notes :D?
ATM I don't know, been thinking about it for some time though... and with the order dates closing sometime soon it's now or not...

I kinda regret that I didn't buy the GT right away in 15 while the price difference wasn't all that big compared to now. My dealer advised me against it based on fuel consumption, but that doesn't seem to be very true with my 15.5L on average.

A second hand GT in a year or 2 is also an option, but then you don't know how beaten up the car or the engine is already. Anyway, I will discuss it at the dealer next week...

Sponsored
OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
I've sold mine (32k km, AT, full Premium pack) for 27k EUR to a local Ford dealer, they've sold it after 2 weeks for 28k something (listed price was 29k). Build date 6/2015. Also, check Mobile.de listings so you have an idea about the price.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I've sold mine (32k km, AT, full Premium pack) for 27k EUR to a local Ford dealer, they've sold it after 2 weeks for 28k something (listed price was 29k). Build date 6/2015. Also, check Mobile.de listings so you have an idea about the price.
Thanks for the info R3v!:thumbsup:
Sponsored