Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Manders

Thanks for putting the list together.
I did a short video on YouTube using the list and my car for anyone who wants to use it as a guide.

Here's the link
ahahah loving it! It's even printed with my ironic member tag :lol:!
Sponsored

lennyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 5.0 GT DIB due sometime soon hopefully!
Manders

Thanks for putting the list together.
I did a short video on YouTube using the list and my car for anyone who wants to use it as a guide.

Here's the link
Good & useful vid that!

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Picked my new car up yesterday, and predictably, some issues! Checking over car spotted a scratch/burn on drivers door... seems this was caused by the protective bumper thing used in shipping. Also a scratch on the roof near the nipple thing, caused by monkey with leather wiping rain of the car as I arrived:frusty:. Also spotted a second mark on the drivers door. Will be booked in this week to sort:doh::doh:

Had it up on the ramps to check the underseal, no suprises, a complete abomination of a job:mad: Although they do have a body shop, they're apparantly unable to do the job and need to use another local shop! Didn't accept or deny the tsb, but said it is a warranty issue. Ffs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Picked my new car up yesterday, and predictably, some issues! Checking over car spotted a scratch/burn on drivers door... seems this was caused by the protective bumper thing used in shipping. Also a scratch on the roof near the nipple thing, caused by monkey with leather wiping rain of the car as I arrived:frusty:. Also spotted a second mark on the drivers door. Will be booked in this week to sort:doh::doh:

Had it up on the ramps to check the underseal, no suprises, a complete abomination of a job:mad: Although they do have a body shop, they're apparantly unable to do the job and need to use another local shop! Didn't accept or deny the tsb, but said it is a warranty issue. Ffs.
Are they going to get the undersea done for you properly?

This is my biggest concern. Its something any reasonable car guy would have done asap but I don't find it fair at all that I would have to do it out of my own pocket. Its a brand new car and therefore should come with protection.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Are they going to get the undersea done for you properly?

This is my biggest concern. Its something any reasonable car guy would have done asap but I don't find it fair at all that I would have to do it out of my own pocket. Its a brand new car and therefore should come with protection.
I found something shocking on Etis today. My Focus RS was built today so I can see it with all its options. For those who don't know, Etis shows the build as, for example, "With Recaro Seat Driver", "Less standard seat Driver".

I was shocked to see it said "Less underbody protection". So, it's not just the Mustangs that miss out!!

I can only assume every Focus destined for U.K. gets no underseal?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I found something shocking on Etis today. My Focus RS was built today so I can see it with all its options. For those who don't know, Etis shows the build as, for example, "With Recaro Seat Driver", "Less standard seat Driver".

I was shocked to see it said "Less underbody protection". So, it's not just the Mustangs that miss out!!

I can only assume every Focus destined for U.K. gets no underseal?
The etis for my Mondeo (now 2 1/2 years old) says "Less u/body corrosion protection" so this is probably something for extreme markets. It seems perfectly well protected.

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
Used this lost extensively when I picked up my car a couple of weeks ago, with no real issues - fortunately!
Just wanted to say thanks to all who contributed and to [MENTION=6713]Man[/MENTION]ders for pulling it together :)

Sponsored

svfinnishline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, MB Citan
You might want to add: Check that the door sills and jams are painted properly, no primer showing through. See these photos..
DSC00519.jpg
DSC00520.jpg
DSC00521.jpg

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
Anyone planning to buy mach1 in fighter jet grey color from Perry’s ford, Chesterfield, please beware of bodywork issues (3 of them). I rejected delivery of it today. This would need boot and rear glass to come off to fix and paint job of the panel. Very frustrated and disappointed today. A day off and train tickets £100. Dealer doesn’t want to reimburse, neither ford customer services can do. Dealer did pdi and didn’t share the info on bodywork issues until the day of delivery.

32D7AFAF-D5DD-4A40-9A7D-148630FBCA97.jpeg

9A7CFF2D-EDF1-44FC-8DBB-C7151E5B849D.jpeg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have pictures from further away so my minds eye can see the areas ? :frown:

WD :like:

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
Do you have pictures from further away so my minds eye can see the areas ? :frown:

Nope mate. I was so frustrated and had a very short time to make a decision. I was gutted and decision was a Tough one. spoke to Kristian and my Detailers before asking for my options. Hopefully I’ll get reservation fee and deposit back into my account today. I felt bit cheated as dealer could have told me about the issues in advance, who knows I might have kept the vehicle. In my need for green, not even one bodywork issues. I think the next mach1 in FJG available anywhere is in September.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hope you get sorted ... :frown:

It is a concern when doing a factory order, the take it or leave it kind of attitude along with the variable quality is not a good combination. It would be nice to be in the states and have a row to walk down and pick out the best (admittedly there's a lack of them over there at the moment too).

Keep us updated :like:

Sponsored