OP

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
I had some leftover alcantara fabric from when the shop did my headliner. I bought some loctite heavy spray glue grab some scissors and went to town. Took maybe 20min per bolster the corners was the hardest part. I'm no seamstress but it was easy enough and saved me the $100 per/hr charge my shop charges me. The alcantara is without backing so its thin easy to stretch and didn't hide the design creases on the panels. The alcantara fabric came from http://www.jpmsupplyco.com its the exact same material ford uses so its a perfect match.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a moment, may I ask what kind of computer problems did you run into after swapping the seats to Recaro?

And you have excellent taste, the alcantara and mats look great.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
The tech pack cars have 2 plugs for the seat.

1) Airbag and seat buckle
2) Power function

The track seats use only the first plug which uses the same connector. There was nor is there any errors codes or lights swapping the seats. In fact the drivers is still the tech seat and the track seat is only on the passengers side. Will be putting in the drivers side later.

Sponsored

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the quick advice on the seat plugs. I envy you being able to pick up Recaro seats, instead I had to pick up Sparco SPX to get rid of the non-supportive tech pack seats. Probably two weeks before I get to install them, so knowing that the climate controls aren't a problem is a big help.

OP
OP

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
Thanks for the quick advice on the seat plugs. I envy you being able to pick up Recaro seats, instead I had to pick up Sparco SPX to get rid of the non-supportive tech pack seats. Probably two weeks before I get to install them, so knowing that the climate controls aren't a problem is a big help.
You ever get your seats? I'd like to see how those SPX look. I was thinking about selling my car so I would put a stop and sell/trade my mods. I'm not 100% sure but well on my way. I also own a hellcat and a lifted truck at first it was nice bouncing around between cars but now its become a hassle. So I was thinking of going single high end purchase the NSX has caught my eye. If your SPX fell though I wanted to advise of a possibility with the seat that I have.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still waiting on an electrical harness backorder, but I have the seats. At the time the only seats I found for sale were people trying to sell GT350R seats as collector items for $6K. Can't imagine you'll have much trouble selling the GT350 Recaros with the quality you put into the car.

Good luck with the NSX.
20170223_171855.jpg

OP
OP

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
What electrical harness? Those seats are manual did you figure out some power seat rails?

Aren't those 2900 per seat plus rails 140 per seat? So thats $6K in seats? What put you off on the R seats? The seat pattern with red?

I seriously considered those seats ever since MAD Industries put them in their SEMA build

2015-Ford-Mustang-MAD-Industries-12.jpg

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I would have done Recaros for less which I would have preferred, but for the full price I could have anything. I like to tell myself it's part of the difference between a 2016 and 2017, adding in depreciation and yearly price increase and ADM, for another idiot that bought a tech pack.

Beautiful leather on that, but I'm no good with show quality parts My thinking was alcantara instead of miko suede, an inch lower, and leather over carbon, while power rails never really entered my mind.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
What electrical harness? Those seats are manual did you figure out some power seat rails?

Aren't those 2900 per seat plus rails 140 per seat? So thats $6K in seats? What put you off on the R seats? The seat pattern with red?

I seriously considered those seats ever since MAD Industries put them in their SEMA build

2015-Ford-Mustang-MAD-Industries-12.jpg
Those seats are stunning.

OP
OP

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
Still haven't seen my car back from the dealer but I was able to snap these pics the other day through the glass when I was checking in.

I had the window switch panels painted and added a radio surround which I then had painted all body color avalanche grey, paint cost was 100- for the 3 pieces. Anodized alum radio panel was 100- which was painted over. Lower center console is now alcantara covered from separate thread.

Yes I know I have a track passengers seat with tech drivers. Again haven't had my car back from the dealer access is limited to get my goodies installed as dealer svc charges me as they want to do the installs and work while car is hostage..

Radio panel:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Anodized-Dash-Navigation-Frame-AC-Trim-Bezel-Cover-for-15-17-Mustang-GT-V6-/262514903467?hash=item3d1f1b89ab:g:eek:g0AAOSw0OBYKYi7&vxp=mtr
fullsizeoutput_244.jpg
IMG_0491.jpg

Last edited:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Is there anywhere to still get the alcantara stitched boot/console cover/e-brake that JPM used to make? Haven't found anyone else that makes a suitable alternative :(

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Too bad they don't have the red stitching anymore :(

Found Redline still sells them, but don't know what color matches the interior best. Assuming the charcoal as others mentioned above, but whether Dark Red stitching or Red (JPM) would match the R's red stitching best I can't tell, care to give an opinion?

http://www.redlinegoods.com/order.php?cart=1

Your painted interior pieces look incredible BTW. If my car wasn't black, I would highly consider following in your footsteps :)
Sponsored