Matching Springs to Sway Bars

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I see some companies sell full kits for springs and sways and others on the forum have commented to stick with one suspension company when doing a set-up but I'd really like to know...

Can I have BMR Sway bars with Steeda Springs or vice versa? Does it make any real difference?
Sponsored

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
That's exactly what I have. BMR sway bars and steed progressives, I don't see why it would be a problem. Mine haven't been installed yet though. Maybe another week or 2.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It's not going to make any real difference. I have Eibach springs and BMR sway bars (and Ford Racing dampers), and I love the way the car handles.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
it's just better since the company perfectly matches the sway bars to the springs .. can you mix and match ? yes .. but why?
Primarily for price and secondly for color options.

The plus side is everything I've read is both Steeda and BMR are awesome companies and you can't go wrong with either. Just want to be sure that they play well together on one car :)

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
You set up springs first, then shocks to match the springs.

Sway bars are after that, but only really an issue when going racing or for the track. You go soft sway for comfort on the street, and stiff if you want to pair with a sticky tire for good handling on the street. Too stiff a sway throws everything off and makes life miserable.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
it's just better since the company perfectly matches the sway bars to the springs .. can you mix and match ? yes .. but why?
I am looking to mix and match because the kits do not drop as much as I like. Sway bars need to be horizontal to be most effective. I see the Konis struts will not be out til May of this year. Only other options I see is the Ford Racing for lowering strut/shocks.
Sponsored