Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
No issues, but you will find it uncomfortable. I have a friend show is about your size, and he said he won't be able to do a long trip in my car... You can get non-recaro seats me thinks ?

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I'm on the chubby side myself and didn't have any comfort issues in the Recaros at the Track Attack. However, yeah, I wouldn't want to do a long trip in them.

o/~ Fat guy in a little seat... o/~

[ame]

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
the comfort seats or one helluva fun ride to and from the gym, either way cant lose..what part of south florida?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
1" taller and 20 lbs heavier and I'm so happy I got to drive a GT350 with Recaros. They actually hurt me. I wanted them but not at the expense of pain. The buyer of my previous GT350 was bigger than me and said he needed the convenience pack seats as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Try to sit in the them preferably after they are broken in. Did depends on your frame I'm 6 250. After they broke in I like them even on long drives.
I am concerned about the "wings" on the upper sides. Any issue there?

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
I'm 200 lbs and 6 feet, and I STILL found them uncomfortable. I'm certainly not heavy, but the side bolsters were too tight. Also, getting in and out of the seats was a hassle. A fun night out in the GT350 with my wife wouldn't have worked either. (She's curvy.) I went with the comfy leather sports seats in the technology package (2016), now known as convenience package.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I'm 200 lbs and 6 feet, and I STILL found them uncomfortable. I'm certainly not heavy, but the side bolsters were too tight. Also, getting in and out of the seats was a hassle. A fun night out in the GT350 with my wife wouldn't have worked either. (She's curvy.) I went with the comfy leather sports seats in the technology package (2016), now known as convenience package.
The side bolsters break in. The wings are fine for me. They do take more effort to get into that is true for me.

If you can't try them broken in the sofa seats are probably a safer choice.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
A chance to move up. Only issue is Recaros. 6-1 and 265,

Any thoughts besides lose weight?
I have been up to a little over 260 and am only 5'10 so... LOL but I'm also currently a bit smaller, but I did find my hips to be a little sore after I drove the car home from away during a ~1000+mile road trip. But just going out for evening drives or weekend cruises for several hours at a time are no problem at all and I'm very happy with how they feel.

I'm also very broad in the shoulders, have no issues at all with the wing extensions. The only place you may have an issue with over longer periods is the hips, and again depends on your hip size and how long a trip you're talking about. I'm in between a 36"-38" jean size for reference.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
A chance to move up. Only issue is Recaros. 6-1 and 265,

Any thoughts besides lose weight?
I am within 10lbs and same height. I am 36-38 waist and they were pretty snug for me. It wasn't super uncomfortable but I took my wallet out and took a second to "adjust" things and I was good. Couple hour drive wasn't too big of an issue. More than that and it would've sucked lol.

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I'm 6'1" and 340 and I have the recaros. I am a thick individual from top to bottom. In the beginning the recaros were tight but have loosened up a bit. Are they comfortable. No but they weren't meant to be. They are meant for racing and support. I can maybe put up with a 3 hour drive tops before my thigh is bothering me. I sort of sit with 1 thigh up on bolster and other within? As for my back they are awesome! The support is tremendous and on the track that is what you need. Ive tried the tech pack seats and they are nice but it seems on track you slide or shift a bit. Would they be better on long trips. Yes. It is your call