Sponsored

Sad Stories Of Blown Engines-Tell It Here!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I am not trying to bash you either brah.....To each his own.

I have been a boat owner for 20 years and the only people who say that are the people who don't have boats. Any who, I will be thinking about all you who blew your engines while "tail" watching on the Jet boat.
You don't want an ecoboost-swapped boat? I figure we can start blowing engines on the water as well. :lol:
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Boat = bust out another thousand. Lol I've owned them, and while they were fun, I probably won't do it again any time soon.

Reactions: Ebm

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Boat = bust out another thousand. Lol I've owned them, and while they were fun, I probably won't do it again any time soon.
boat= A hole in the water into which you pour money.

boating = standing in a cold shower tearing up thousand dollar bills.

Barump-bump.:cheers:

Reactions: Ebm

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Actually been there done that,,,,I noticed you were in South Carolina, If I were there and anywhere near water i'd have one too.!
[MENTION=23464]Woodshop77[/MENTION], Did you have a Cleveland or Valencia engine? Also, do the guys working on your current engine have any ideas regarding the failure? Any advice on how to limit the exposure in the future? Just curious what the engine builders are saying..

SC has some great lakes and boating all year round. No need to take the Jet boat out of the water, no winterizing, no maintenance other than an oil change every 100 hours. It also came with a 4 year warranty which I will not be voiding either. :headbang:

Last edited:

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
[MENTION=23464]Woodshop77[/MENTION], do you have a Cleveland or Valencia engine? Also, do the guys working on your current engine have any ideas regarding the failure? Any advise on how to limit the exposure in the future? Just curious what the engine builders are saying..

SC has some great lakes and boating all year round. No need to take the Jet boat out of the water, no winterizing, no maintenance other than an oil change every 100 hours. It also came with a 4 year warranty which I will not be voiding either. :headbang:
Best thing in York is Nicoles gun store on 901...

Water is nice too...

Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
:headbonk: Have you looked at the amount of calcium that Amsoil uses in their oil? Amsoil Signature Series 5w30 is around 3,400-3,600. Most other full synthetic oils are around 1,500-2,000. If you're worried about calcium content, run Valvoline. Valvoline uses sodium as their cleaning agent whereas most others use calcium.

You really don't know anything about oils do you ?
..engines either ?

Those % numbers are skewed for the benefit of these to wet behind the ears inmature Mustang ecoboost enthusiast .. pick any modern day manufacturer and check the PI file and you can plainly read that both sodium and calcium along with phosphorous with some ash are among the particulates ..

Come on man teach these puppies something of value from an expensive pass time !

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
You really don't know anything about oils do you ?
..engines either ?

Those % numbers are skewed for the benefit of these to wet behind the ears inmature Mustang ecoboost enthusiast .. pick any modern day manufacturer and check the PI file and you can plainly read that both sodium and calcium along with phosphorous with some ash are among the particulates ..

Come on man teach these puppies something of value from an expensive pass time !
Yep, you caught me. I know nothing about oil. :doh:

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Juben.
Watch out...Nexr, he's gonna try to sell you some Amsoil!!! Hijacked again...This really is a sad thread!! Thanks for your sad stories Brian...

Btw salesman. Mobil 1 FS 5-30 every 3k cause i can and do

Also hope block is gen V ( i think thats what they are on now) modded in chino.

Last edited:

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
H or I beam Rods ?

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I am not trying to bash you either brah.....To each his own.

I have been a boat owner for 20 years and the only people who say that are the people who don't have boats. Any who, I will be thinking about all you who blew your engines while "tail" watching on the Jet boat.
Yep, we spend a lot of the summer on Lake Keowee anchored out overnight at the waterfall in our cruiser.... worth every boat dollar we spend. I don't call them boat dollars - they are therapy dollars.

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Yep, we spend a lot of the summer on Lake Keowee anchored out overnight at the waterfall in our cruiser.... worth every boat dollar we spend. I don't call them boat dollars - they are therapy dollars.
The annual tiki party on Lake Wylie is coming up. Some footage from last year.

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Yeah "H" for me.
Used to park out late on Lake Mead. Thats where I saw an amphicar drive from off shore out into the lake at about 11at night. Awesome!

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
Mine never got a chance to blow up... Just picked up a 2017 GT last Thursday and it's legit af.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
The annual tiki party on Lake Wylie is coming up. Some footage from last year.

For the record [MENTION=23128]Maggneto[/MENTION] congrats on owning a boat I would gladly come join you on it anytime. Anyone hating on owning a boat obviously doesn't realize how fun they are or how anyone that has one floating in water obviously has the expendable income for one.

Wow this thread got off topic fast.

[MENTION=23464]Woodshop77[/MENTION] I looked through some of your posts but couldn't find anything definitive....were you able to get any warranty help? I saw you had...a few...mods but I didn't see any mileage. Didn't know if you bothered trying to fight for coverage or not. My understanding is that technically the manufacturer has to thoroughly prove mods caused failure.

When I took my car to an outta town ford dealership a few months back for a tire repair, the service manager told me a story about this jack up, tuned, otherwise heavily modded, F-150 came in with a shredded transmission. The guy had the tranny replacement covered under-warranty despite an investigator coming out to the dealership for a couple days to try and prevent it. The manager made no indication that the guy was trying to defraud anyone and his mods were obviously known but just couldn't be definitively blamed.

Story really made me want to get the FRPP tune ASAP but then I come on here and read the anecdotes about people not getting engines covered under warranty.

Also to keep mildly with initial thought of the thread my story isn't that sad or of a fully blown engine but I did have to have all my gaskets replaced due to a "oozing" front cover gasket. The mildly sad part is that I had to use a loaner-base-auto-V6 for a couple days while my manual EB was being fixed (under warranty).

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
In hindsight, there are probably a few things I could have done to save on cost. The car has over 49K on it. I had been "warned" at the closest dealer of mods that I had made. Options became a little limited at that point. Im not that worried about it at this point, it's paid for, just the wait for the engine is killing me.
Sponsored