Sponsored

Low trap speed for current setup? Bad tune?

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Finally, someone who agrees that my trap is low regardless of weather. Your DA was higher than mine and you are doing 3 mph more in the 1/8th than me. Plus, you don't have LTHs.
Hey, I agree your mph is low, I said "with all your mods and a good tune you should be atleast 115-117 mph" back in post #8. Unlike some people hear I try to be nice about telling someone there car is slow.;)
Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I would be interested in looking at a log from your car. Bama tune, but how bad can it be?

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP Ruby Red
I would be interested in looking at a log from your car. Bama tune, but how bad can it be?
I'm going to do the datalog, just to see if there is an issue. Will probably end up with a Lund tune though

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
I'm going to do the datalog, just to see if there is an issue. Will probably end up with a Lund tune though
Data log will do nothing the cars not getting the timing that it should be getting for sure. If you go from this 93 tune which is probably with your setup and bama tune netting 24 25degrees timing maybe... to at minimal 30 degrees timing with Lund Flex Fuel and some e85, with e85 even with heat you'll probably always be making 30 degrees timing from a much higher octane rating and the natural cooling nature of ethanol whereas that Bama tune hot weather and 93 octane it could of choked it down to 23 degrees of timing for all you know , big difference . Even with Lund Flex Fuel running 93 octane only timing will ramp up faster and you'll definitely get more up top. I'd imagine 27 Ish degrees with some good quality 93 octane, maybe lose a degree or two in hot weather but hey there's nothing the e85 won't fix lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok update to this thread:

Dropped the bama tune for a Lund tune. Went to the track tonight and here were the results. I bested my time but mph is still low. On the way home though, it dawned on me that maybe I should be shifting into 5th with my 3:73s. I noticed that I was at about 7000-7200 Rpms in 4th when crossing the line. Could this be the problem? Am I losing a few mph by doing this? Does anyone else shift into 5th with 3:73s besides the FI folks?
IMG_0022.JPG

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Ok update to this thread:

Dropped the bama tune for a Lund tune. Went to the track tonight and here were the results. I bested my time but mph is still low. On the way home though, it dawned on me that maybe I should be shifting into 5th with my 3:73s. I noticed that I was at about 7000-7200 Rpms in 4th when crossing the line. Could this be the problem? Am I losing a few mph by doing this? Does anyone else shift into 5th with 3:73s besides the FI folks?
Stay in fourth! Fifth will kill your et and mph. I have 3.73 and w 430whp went 12.20@ 117 in good air in fourth. Now with updates and going to track once on better tires 11.7@120 on bad air, still crossing in forth.

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stay in fourth! Fifth will kill your et and mph. I have 3.73 and w 430whp went 12.20@ 117 in good air in fourth. Now with updates and going to track once on better tires 11.7@120 on bad air, still crossing in forth.
Then something is really wrong with my car. Two different tunes now and still trapping at 111.

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that with the cobra jet manifold that allows you to make more power at higher rpms? I'm still running stock manifold

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that with the cobra jet manifold that allows you to make more power at higher rpms? I'm still running stock manifold
I went 117 with stock IM and Lund tune.

Find your track on the Dragtimes app.
Figure out the DA for your weather conditions.
Put your numbers in and see if that is the problem.

If not, put it on a dyno.
If that isn't an option, maybe let someone else attempt to drive the car....

Just a few suggestions.

Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see your in Ohio also, I'm thinking Kil-Kare and you posted at 9pm, so if it was tonight, say at 8pm, track elevation of 910ft, temp 82.4 and 29.96BP with humidity at 54 percent is a DA of 2883 with a relative density of 91.97.

Your [email protected] corrects to [email protected].

OP
OP
RubyRed PP

RubyRed PP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see your in Ohio also, I'm thinking Kil-Kare and you posted at 9pm, so if it was tonight, say at 8pm, track elevation of 910ft, temp 82.4 and 29.96BP with humidity at 54 percent is a DA of 2883 with a relative density of 91.97.

Your [email protected] corrects to [email protected].

Yes it was at kilkare. Weird though because I see people post better mph with same DA. I may just have to put it on a dyno. Where are you in Ohio? Any good places to get a dyno?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Times are all over the place for all different combos. Somany factors come into play including weight, driver, traction and DA. My car was running around 12.7 @112 on street tires and I went back in better air with 19" NT05R tires and ran 11.6 @ 118. My car was losing a bunch of time spinning in second. It also helps to short shift second at around 6500 if the car hooks.

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Never ever ever shift into 5th, Lund ups the rev limit to 7500 stock manifold you got plenty of rpm to wind it out. If you ever didn't have enough rpm then get a taller tire. As for the low mph I don't know if your running street tires , based on ET looks like it but do yourself a favor and get some sticky tires man , you'll trap much higher and that ET will come down by the second. I'm running hoosier slicks next time I go. always go bias ply btw

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it was at kilkare. Weird though because I see people post better mph with same DA. I may just have to put it on a dyno. Where are you in Ohio? Any good places to get a dyno?
Finish line performance Milford Ohio is the best around and works with Beefcake. Ask for Brian and tell them I sent you. They will treat you right!
513-831-9999
Sponsored