Paddle shifter moved to sequential knob mod

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I owe all the thanks in the world to [MENTION=16528]Dspec_S550[/MENTION] for sending me the wiring diagrams and suggesting the SRS Sequential Shifter to install to accomplish this!

This mod allows you to use an actual shift knob in the way a sequential shifter setup works, with your right hand rather than on the wheel if you choose. See it in action below.

https://goo.gl/photos/TByacEwgnR64x3Lu6

We removed the center console cover and installed the SRS using pieces (not all) of the optional mounting kit to spread out the surface area rather than 4 bolts only. We had to drill out 2 holes to allow the lock nuts at the top of the shifter to sit flush, for a flush mount.

The wiring (6ft included, perfect length) was easily run back down the console and up to the steering wheel where we tied into the paddle shifter wiring (the paddles still work, also).

The items I purchased are:

http://www.hppsimulation.com/home/33-srs-sequential-shifter.html

http://www.hppsimulation.com/home/34-srs-seq-shifter-mounting-kit.html
2015-srs-shifter.jpg
2015-srs-install1.jpg
2015-srs-install2.jpg
2015-srs-install3.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
See attached wiring diagram provided by [MENTION=16528]Dspec_S550[/MENTION], you remove the upper steering wheel cover and the wiring connector on the left side of the wheel is where you tie in.
2015-shift-wiring.png

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Also, the SRS shifter is very very tight between the cup holder area and the emergency brake (I never ever use the e-brake, but for emergency use of course I can still grab and pull). Pulling the e-brake does not seem changed, but putting it back down means you have to pull it left while lowering it to get it to clear.

Very tight, they touch in the down brake position.

For me this was the best place to mount it as my hand rests there and it had enough flat surface to mount the unit very solidly.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
AWESOME!!! I like yours more, but you must be taller than me, as I think that would be too far back for me.. (i got short legs ;)

how do you like it so far? I wish it shifted with more authority, and I am looking into some auto-specific tunes, or hp tuners to tweak the auto tables.

Congrats on getting it working!

Also, you could probably oval the holes that mount the ebrake to move it toward the driver seat a 1/4" or so that might get you the clearance you need.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
AWESOME!!! I like yours more, but you must be taller than me, as I think that would be too far back for me.. (i got short legs ;)
I'm only 5'8", but I do tend to sit back a bit so my hand rests in this area already. I saw your pics and I would not want to reach down that far, but to each his own!

how do you like it so far? I wish it shifted with more authority, and I am looking into some auto-specific tunes, or hp tuners to tweak the auto tables.
I'm in the 93 octane Bama race tune which shifts firmer than stock so it does hit nicely. The short video I linked above is me on a back road hoping nobody is coming, just to quickly demo it. At some point it would be great to maybe have my son (fellow Mustang lover) sit in the back seat and film some more aggressive action.

Congrats on getting it working!

Also, you could probably oval the holes that mount the ebrake to move it toward the driver seat a 1/4" or so that might get you the clearance you need.
Thanks, I could not have done this so easily without YOU!!!

Let me know what you mean by oval the holes, maybe a pic? I'm pretty visual...

Sponsored

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have a race seat in my car, and I sit much lower to make room for my helmet.

that may have lead to my positioning. Ill try and get a video.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Ah, yes I actually have the stock seat elevated some also which changes the angle drastically. All I know is this suckers is literally right in my hand comfortably!

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I'm in the 93 octane Bama race tune which shifts firmer than stock so it does hit nicely. The short video I linked above is me on a back road hoping nobody is coming, just to quickly demo it. At some point it would be great to maybe have my son (fellow Mustang lover) sit in the back seat and film some more aggressive action.
Where in SC are you? If your close, I'll take some video for you.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Where in SC are you? If your close, I'll take some video for you.
Hey Jeremy, I'm in Orangeburg. Are you going to the Quaker Steak & Lube cruise in on Saturday @ 6PM? I was planning on attending.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Anyone know of any other shifters available? I would prob be in on this mod if the shifter didn't look like it was taken from an arcade game. Love the idea and the work put in to make it work tho.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know of any other shifters available? I would prob be in on this mod if the shifter didn't look like it was taken from an arcade game. Love the idea and the work put in to make it work tho.
Make your own "race car" shifter?

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there are four that I know of.

I used the one on the right for my install, and the middle one is the alternate from DSD (derek speare designs)

2533984_orig.jpg

This is from Heusinkveld Engineering.

productfoto_storefront_SS.jpg

and the HPP SRS that warhead used.

srs-sequential-shifter.jpg

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
WOW, I want this so bad right now. I love my paddle shifters but would just melt if i had this.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOW, I want this so bad right now. I love my paddle shifters but would just melt if i had this.
join the club man, everbody's doing it! ;)
Sponsored