Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I'll try to make up a "silencing" guide with pics lol.

The rear panels actually come out easy. Take out the rear seat bottom cushion (little latch things under the seat that you squeeze x 2, pull out). Then all the panels just pull off, all held with the white pop-in retainers. I think you need to take off the plastic part in the door sill before the rear panel (between the seat and the Mustang panel). There is only one tricky clip, just behind that piece between the mustang panel and the seat, you just have to pull up pretty good to release it. I haven't really taken off the upper panels on the rear 1/4 windows...I don't know if those just pull off too, but I didn't mess with them too much.

Those clips can break though. They don't often, but it happens.
I've taken off the rear seats before, so that's easy enough. I may dig into the rear next weekend as I *still* have an annoying squeak back there. However, I think it's coming from the B-pillar area high up, and I'm not sure how to get that one out (even having taken off the seatbelts it seems held in by something I can't find).

The upper panels on the 1/4 windows aren't too bad. They pull straight off for the most part, but there *is* a trick. They're held in by not only the body clips but also a plastic cable that looks a bit like a ship's anchor. You'll need to turn it 90 degrees (in the plane parallel to the panel), pull out, then turn it 90 degrees again and pull it out the rest of the way. It's difficult for me to describe but once you twist at it a bit you'll see exactly how it works.

Those panels by the rear windows are pretty notoriously noisy. I covered mine in felt tape a long time ago and that cured 70% of my rattles.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The upper panels on the 1/4 windows aren't too bad. They pull straight off for the most part, but there *is* a trick. They're held in by not only the body clips but also a plastic cable that looks a bit like a ship's anchor. You'll need to turn it 90 degrees (in the plane parallel to the panel), pull out, then turn it 90 degrees again and pull it out the rest of the way. It's difficult for me to describe but once you twist at it a bit you'll see exactly how it works.
I know what that thing is and it pisses me off lol.
Sponsored