Sponsored

Turbosmart kompact

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Having an issue when under anything but 3/4 throttle, it acts like it's not closing all the way and I don't get all my proper boost. Floored you can hear it shut and feel the response. Sometimes it does close on part throttle though so I know the difference. Ideas on how to close this thing under all throttle inputs?
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I've been wondering about a similar thing as well, I don't have a TS, I have a DV+ which should in theory be the same as stock. But for some reason the car develops no power at part throttle, there is a massive difference if I roll into the gas or if I go 100% as fast as I can.

Rolling onto the throttle leads to this weird hesitation feeling where the engine makes a lot of noise but the car doesn't actually go anywhere, although as you said sometimes it seems to work OK but other times it doesn't. I've been wondering if it isn't a wastegate problem instead.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Are you guys running computer controlled venting or vacuum controlled?
Computer controlled on part throttle produces constant vent, Pshhhhhhh, until more throttle.
There are a few threads on this.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Are you guys running computer controlled venting or vacuum controlled?
Computer controlled on part throttle produces constant vent, Pshhhhhhh, until more throttle.
There are a few threads on this.
Not the point I was making, it closes and boost builds but the car doesn't want to go. I am VTA so I can hear it very clearly when its open, it isn't in these circumstances but still there is no power to be had. The TS is vacuum controlled.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It may be that you need to re-adjust (calibrate it) again, turn it full soft (do not go past the rubber seal) then work in 1/4-1/2 turns to hard. rev the engine and let it fall back to idle, stop adjusting when it returns to normal idle, with no engine idle issues.

Also make sure the nipple on the top is not loose, of it loosened up you will know it would be too easy to turn it, if so, take the hose off it and tighten it only hand tight (can use a wrench but only snug it, do not torque it, you should be able to move it by hand) If that is loose you will loose boost under light or no load, ymmv on how much you can loose with it loose, 2-3 psi or so. After that under WOT etc it would be minimal affects.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blyman93

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good info coyote. I do recall m nipple being a little loose. Mine is vacuum operated. I ha e done a boost leak test btw and every pipe is sealed good.

OP
OP
Blyman93

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heard some people swapping to blur spring to fix the flutter, could that help with half throttle pressures? Thing is would that spring hold 28-30 psi too cuz I'm heading there soon
Sponsored