OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I really think it's 2 different things we're looking at. I think you're right though Spykexx, there should be some level of knock. My understanding is its similar to fuel, it will use the value in the table but then has an adjustment range. It can advance the timing as long as it isn't seeing too much knock. I forget the term but it has to do with the knock intensity.

The dumb thing is, if you don't know what it is you're looking at or what to expect and what's ok, then it doesn't help much to monitor it. With the AP and Tune+, at least Adam gives some guidance on what you should look for and what is not good. With the SCT X4, I don't know exactly what I'm looking at.
See now I have quite a good grasp of SCT and Livelink and helped for quite a while over on MEVO. I also did a lot of back and forth and learning under one of the really big tuners over there (Which was seriously a god-send. Helped so much!)

But yes, you should have a + or - value here. + being knock seen (pulls timing) while - is spark advance from lack of knock (Adds timing). In my V6 even on stock tune it was barely EVER 0 minus being in neutral as the car is constantly adding or removing timing. Did they forego this on the Ecoboost? I find that hard to believe. These motors are generally tuned to continually add timing until knock is seen (to a threshold.), and once it sees knock it pulls timing and slowly adds it back in once it's gone.
Sponsored