2ND FIX FOR SEATS BACK COOLING

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
So I recently installed cooled/heated seats in my base car (will make a tutorial on how to do that soon!) and like everybody...I was having issues with the cooling in the back of the seats.

I got the 3D printed solution made by [MENTION=16202]Darko66[/MENTION] http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62139 and that fixed the issue partially until today when I took off my seats covers and found the ridiculous Ford design for the blower.

As you can see the coupler was bent and wasn't letting sufficient air to pass through the "springy" foam

SO MY FIX: I cut around 1.5 inch of the coupler and zip-tied it again to make it straight from the blower to the foam...I was surprised by how much the airflow improved (I would say by %50) and I can now definitely feel the top back getting really cold as it should!

THE 3RD FIX SHOULD BE: Finding a way to force the air get to the bottom vents as it's currently focused on the top ones - Again this is a faulty design by Ford since the blower is blowing air right on top of the top vents when it should be blowing in the center

Sponsored

Reactions: A7X

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
do you have a picture of your fix..? I am unclear on what you did for it.. definitely interested!

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
do you have a picture of your fix..? I am unclear on what you did for it.. definitely interested!
Aren't the pics shown in my post? If not I'll upload them to a different website

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
I'm sorry if it wasn't clear to you...but this is what I cut

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
you shortened the connector hose any thing other than that?

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
so the issue is the accordion piece of rubber is too long and is kinked?

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Yeah the issue was that rubber piece was too long and bent and not letting air in

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
Wow, 2017 GT Premium PP here with 2500 miles and zero seat back cooling. I didn't even realize the seat backs were supposed to cool! This hasn't worked since day 1.

Sponsored

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
Thanks for bumping this - just ordered the cooling fix and can't wait to install on my 2017. I'll take some photos and shorten the tube if it's crimped as shown above.

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
I've been meaning to get this installed, the heat is on in Arizona, may try to get it done tonight.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What is the pic with the exposed foam representing?

The piece you cut, does that have to be made of accordion material or can it be revised with a solid piece (no ridges) that is even shorter?

I mean, usually in any duct work system you want the path of forced air to be designed shortest with the least resistance, especially if the blower motor may struggle to keep up the cfm.
Sponsored

Last edited: