Ecoboost making unusual noises

JRayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver turbo 4 s550
My 2017 started making weird sounds on acceleration and when I let off the accelerator and leave it in gear.
also when I move the shifter to the left . Any help is appreciated.
Took it to my dealer and they had no idea what it was.
Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
When you let off the accelerator AND then take it out of gear, do you still hear the noise? No? Then it is a transmission problem. Does it make the noise in the shifter also doing the same thing?
If not, then at least you have isolated it to a transmission problem and then you go from there.

OP
OP

JRayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver turbo 4 s550
To answer your question , no. It sounds normal when not in gear. It is probably the trans as you said. The dealer techs said it is normal the other guy said it is probably normal from tall gear at lower speeds. Maybe I need to go to another dealer/shop.The sound is much louder now then when I first started to hear it a few months back when I took it to the dealer. Only 5100 MI on it.

Last edited:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
4th at 40 is very low, and you're lugging the motor if you're trying to give a lot of gas. Also, this transmission is noisy as shit, yours sounds exactly like mine. I've read changing the transmission fluid to a more substantial oil helps some but its under warranty right now so I honestly don't care.

Michele_Italy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost MT
Hi Ray,
sorry for my English

don't worry about it, I had and I still have the same "problem"
but it's just the mechanism to no allow to insert the rear gear.
If you lift the spring you won't hear this rattle.

The engine create vibration (as it should be) some vibration are trasmitted to the shift stick, and the spring and the mechanism create this noise

Your gear box works properly

My car is still doing this sound, now she is tuned (Adam tune+) and a lot of bolts on.
I heavely use my car, a lot of hard launch and hard shift but she always works great.

So just don't take care of this sound, it's annoyng but it's not a alert of a malfunction

Michele

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Go back to the dealer you bought the car from. Ask(nicely) if they could allow you to test drive a new Ecoboost Mustang on their lot. Then duplicate the same driving conditions you did with your car.

If the brand new Ecoboost does the same thing your car does, then your car is fine. It's just the idiosyncrasies of the model.
Sponsored