Sponsored

Cylinder head temp question

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I will chime in to say I don't think I have ever seen it hit 200 on my non PP EB. I am usually around 185-190. I do believe the sales brochure says the PP comes with a larger radiator.

Very sorry to hear you got some damage though I am simultaneously dreading and looking forward to that day. Dreading it for the sadness it will cause me but looking forward to being relieved that I can be slightly less careful with my car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dirty-EB-Chicago

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
Hey there Dirty, hope you are able to get your car fixed soon, I was seeing temps get near that sitting in traffic for over a couple of minutes so I pulled the whole shutter system out and temps dropped significantly to the normal 185 and will creep up to the high 190's sitting in traffic now and we are in the low to mid 90's for high's here with a lot of humidity, also turn your AC on when the temps go up and the fans will start dropping the temps. Hope I could be of some help.
Hey thanks bud, I appreciate it. IIRC the base model doesn't have the active grille shutters right? I was thinking of deleting my grille entirely for airflow and bc my front bumper is pretty ugly from the aforementioned incident. I think I'm gonna pull the entire bumper off this weekend, do a little plasti work to hide some damage and relocate the license plate lol. good to hear from ya and thanks for the insight. :cheers:

OP
OP
Dirty-EB-Chicago

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will chime in to say I don't think I have ever seen it hit 200 on my non PP EB. I am usually around 185-190. I do believe the sales brochure says the PP comes with a larger radiator.

Very sorry to hear you got some damage though I am simultaneously dreading and looking forward to that day. Dreading it for the sadness it will cause me but looking forward to being relieved that I can be slightly less careful with my car.
lol it's a bit of a relief, like you said you can be a carefree. but it sucks bc now my baby has a messed up face. ill try to find a pick of it later and post it up.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I guess the high temps have more to do with emissions than anything else. It sucks though, when I see 215, I stare at the gauge until it drops lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dirty-EB-Chicago

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Dexos is good for 5 years so no worries about changing that out .....

So your the guy with the effed up front end ...get an oil cooler and shout at the moon .

OP
OP
Dirty-EB-Chicago

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dexos is good for 5 years so no worries about changing that out .....

So your the guy with the effed up front end ...get an oil cooler and shout at the moon .
Saw it on FB? The damage is entirely cosmetic, but its spans an entire vertical section of the bumper from the splitter to the top lip of the grille. It's depressing lol

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
My PP never seen anything over 200. I think there is a wide range of tolerance built into Thermostat

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
I'm a base without AGS. Never had 200+ and I get 5 mpg If you know what I mean. Just my .02. I would be cautious. Side note, are your oil temps normal as well? Or does your needle sit past 12 o clock often?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I still have my ags. On the highway, I've had my oil temp over the 12 position.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
I've had it over too but usually after some long pulls. Just curious if it was like that under normal driving, mine sits at 11 almost always

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
A lot of it depends on the weather. I know I've seen my CHT between 200 and 220 on hot sunny days in city driving. I paid attention today after seeing this thread and my CHT in my EB PP stayed between 180-190. I have the 50 yr appearance package so no grill shutters on my car. It was 82-85* and partly cloudy.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
another one to chime in here...haven't seen temps over 185-190 since deleting the shutters during the IC install. Didn't see much over 200 prior to that though, even in the Florida heat. But, the majority of my commute does see 50-60mph speeds, so i'm sure that helps.
Sponsored