Sponsored

ET Streets R Bias Ply & Stock 19s up front....

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Glad your having fun! 12.4 is moving, what's your mods, 60 ft times and mph?
Sponsored

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
I want to run bias slick or MT bias ply tires with my stock 19s.9.5 up front with 275s. The thing with bias ply is running it in back with a street radial up front is if the street radial is wider then the bias tire out back then it will make it sway more. I'm curious if I'd have trouble with a 28x 11.50x17 out back with the 275 in front? Anyone know or have ran a setup like this?

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
I want to run bias slick or MT bias ply tires with my stock 19s.9.5 up front with 275s. The thing with bias ply is running it in back with a street radial up front is if the street radial is wider then the bias tire out back then it will make it sway more. I'm curious if I'd have trouble with a 28x 11.50x17 out back with the 275 in front? Anyone know or have ran a setup like this?
You'll be fine.

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
Although on my last pass I had a bunch of lights come on? ABS,tire pressure, ect. It also kept telling "Service Advance Track". The stirring also kinda tighten up. Has anyone had this happen to them??? Is it something serious? I didn't end up doing another pass since all this happens.
Anyone experience this???

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
What was it like your first experience with the bias rear and pp wheels and tires up front? Was it really noticeable the wobble? Also what were your psi in the front pp wheels and the rears?
It was great. Honestly I hardly felt any wobble. It wasn't bad at all. The rears where at 18psi. Fronts where stock psi. 32 or so

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
So I check my car ls DTC and I had the code P0316 come up. What does this code mean???IMG_0950.JPG

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
So I check my car ls DTC and I had the code P0316 come up. What does this code mean???IMG_0950.JPG
Do you have a SCTX4 or nguage? Should let you know what it is. I think personally if you don't have the tpms sensors mounted in your wheels that you mounted the bias plys too that it set off that stuff because it's searching and can't find anything. I'd either use your nguage or sctX4 see what you find, clear it, disconnect battery for 20 mins , put stock wheels in rear turn car back on and all will be gone

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
Do you have a SCTX4 or nguage? Should let you know what it is. I think personally if you don't have the tpms sensors mounted in your wheels that you mounted the bias plys too that it set off that stuff because it's searching and can't find anything. I'd either use your nguage or sctX4 see what you find, clear it, disconnect battery for 20 mins , put stock wheels in rear turn car back on and all will be gone
Yeah I checked it with my Ngauge. It said it's "misfireing on start up" trying to figure out why...

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
Yeah I checked it with my Ngauge. It said it's "misfireing on start up" trying to figure out why...
Maybe try to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and connecting it again to clear the code. See if it comes back. Maybe something in your intake system came loose on those hard launches!

I read in a few other threads about the service advance trac warning and it seems to be people get around it by holding the brake pedal while disabling trac/stability control.

Sponsored

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Clear it with the NGUAGE and see if it comes back , could of been a little moisture on the plug one time and it won't set off a check engine light again

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
Maybe try to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and connecting it again to clear the code. See if it comes back. Maybe something in your intake system came loose on those hard launches!

I read in a few other threads about the service advance trac warning and it seems to be people get around it by holding the brake pedal while disabling trac/stability control.
Alright I'll have to try that and see what happens. I have a good feeling it'll work.

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
Clear it with the NGUAGE and see if it comes back , could of been a little moisture on the plug one time and it won't set off a check engine light again
Yeah I cleared yesterday after I got home from work. Started the car up this morning and when I left to work it started to bog again not a lot but slightly when accelerating through the gears. I did notice half way to work it went away and didn't bog at all. So maybe u are right.. regardless I'm gunna check the plugs today after I'm off work and see if I ha fouled any.

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
So I'm checking the plugs right now and have pulled 5 out so far. They all seem normal but the gap. 4 of them are reading .60 and one .59. Wtf?!? Isn't stock suppose to be around .49-.50? So I'm assuming that's why the code P0316 had popped up....

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm checking the plugs right now and have pulled 5 out so far. They all seem normal but the gap. 4 of them are reading .60 and one .59. Wtf?!? Isn't stock suppose to be around .49-.50? So I'm assuming that's why the code P0316 had popped up....
Yeah, that much plug gap will cause misfiring for sure. Go for .045 for gas. .040 if running E85.:thumbsup:
Sponsored