Sponsored

Transbreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT VERT
What are you running for a transbreak/2- step? I've heard there are issues w/ JMS option.
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Transbrake*... I've always used MSD for 2-step. Haven't used a digital brake before.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT VERT
Transbrake*... I've always used MSD for 2-step. Haven't used a digital brake before.
Jay, what are your launch steps with just the 2-step? (I'm a rookie) Thanks

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hit button.. floor car...

You have to set the two step right below your max foot brake. This is when dual caliper rear brake setups help.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT VERT
Hit button.. floor car...

You have to set the two step right below your max foot brake. This is when dual caliper rear brake setups help.
Thanks for the reply... However, like I mentioned, I'm a rookie and I'm still a bit confused. You didn't say anything about braking. Any more steps?

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Find out what rpm you can foot brake it up to without creeping forward or spinning the rears. Set the 2-step a couple hundred rpm below that. At the track stage the car, mash brakes and 2 step button, floor the throttle, release brakes and button together when ready to go.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT VERT
Find out what rpm you can foot brake it up to without creeping forward or spinning the rears. Set the 2-step a couple hundred rpm below that. At the track stage the car, mash brakes and 2 step button, floor the throttle, release brakes and button together when ready to go.
Ok, got it now. Thanks sir.

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
Ok, I just brought this 2 relay setup for a transbrake. Do you have to run two step? Are there any reliability issues with the transbrake and the clutches?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Ok, I just brought this 2 relay setup for a transbrake. Do you have to run two step? Are there any reliability issues with the transbrake and the clutches?
You don't have to run a 2 step with a transbrake, but it sure is hard on the converter going to full flash. Also setting the 2 step below the true converter flash can/will give that last surge when both are released. Depending on traction issues you can also use the 2-step to soften the launch if need be.

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
You don't have to run a 2 step with a transbrake, but it sure is hard on the converter going to full flash. Also setting the 2 step below the true converter flash can/will give that last surge when both are released. Depending on traction issues you can also use the 2-step to soften the launch if need be.
Damn, one more thing to buy. All motor that wont girt my Stock OPG's. It was siad it was the harmonics that destroys the OPG.
Sponsored