Sponsored

Ever mounted a toggle switch on an S550 dash?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
My thoughts are to use the lower left aluminum wrapped dash area under the headlight controls, it's a blank piece but doesn't have a lot of room behind it save for one area in the upper right to sink a toggle switch of this size into.

There is the black plastic area to the left of the radio, but I fear it's not as stout and it appears would require lots of other disassembly to get to it.

060-592_HR_0.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
That area under the headlight control is where I mounted my switch.

Thanks, yes that's exactly where I found enough space behind it to make it all fit.

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
I have my switch for my train horns right under the sunglass holder. You can pop off the two aluminum looking sections.

One has 2 bolts that need to be removed. Pull out the sunglass holder and the whole black panel pops off so you can do the drilling/install on a bench if you want.

There is a lot of space behind that panel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
This black panel to the right of the steering wheel came off with a pull from the bottom very easily, and was the preferred location with plenty of room behind there to mount it up. I used a paint can opener to grab under the lip and just pulled and was able to work it out safely without issue. This panel is very thick and it is plenty sturdy for this switch which required a 1/2" opening. To fully remove the panel you have to unplug one small harness, and there is a hanger of sorts connecting the panel that doesn't hold it in place so I didn't even both re-attaching it when done.

All done!
2015-toggle-final.jpg

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
That hangar thing that you didn't replace is to hold the panel from flying when the knee airbag goes off.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
That hangar thing that you didn't replace is to hold the panel from flying when the knee airbag goes off.
Thanks for the heads up, will pop back on.