Sponsored

Door Latch Recall...

Our 15 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT Premium, 6 sp auto, 401a, 20 "
had mine done today. they messed it up windows squeaking and rolling front seal. have to take it back for 2 days to repair and order parts. not happy. I should have left it alone.
Sponsored

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
They are not going to touch my car , 2015 and no problems yet with the latch . If it's not broke don't fix it . If they want they can give me the parts , or the next owner can decide what he wants to do.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
careful with the little plastic tabs that cover/hide the bolts to remove the door panel. they broke all the clips on mine rattled like hell. they ordered me a new part just gonna pick it up this week, also they need to replace the felt on my passenger side window since its still squeaking/rubbing hard.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody successfully got the part and put in on themselves? There is just to many horror stories I am hearing about damage for me to feel confident allowing the dealership to touch my car.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has anybody successfully got the part and put in on themselves? There is just to many horror stories I am hearing about damage for me to feel confident allowing the dealership to touch my car.
Someone needs to post up the Ford TSB for the recall; that will have the exact R&R instructions with replacement part numbers.

Anyone who has it or access to it should share it.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Someone needs to post up the Ford TSB for the recall; that will have the exact R&R instructions with replacement part numbers.

Anyone who has it or access to it should share it.
Here ya go ... the tricky part looks to be removing and reinstalling the door window. Might take two people to make it easier.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1772728&postcount=43

If you go here and enter your VIN ( https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/ ) , you'll see the door latch recall come up. Then click on the "NHTSA Recall Number: 16V643" link. Then a window will come up that shows everything associated with this recall.

Last edited:

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
I got my letter stating that parts were available a week or so ago. After reading this thread, I will NOT be having this taken care of until it breaks. Even then I may just order new latches and do it myself.

John

Sponsored

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
Had mine replaced. I am also getting a lot more wind noise now as well as the door trim and area where window buttons are is missing a few of the blue clips. had to order new ones from china.... They did it without warning took it in for evap coil replacements and they did the latches...

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Where in the hell are you all taking yours in to have the recalls done? I do them daily and have no issues with them. I'm sorry yall are having bad luck with dealerships, but they are not that hard to do and only take about an hour at most.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Wish I could say I had good luck, but ended up having one door panel repaired and one replaced after taking it in for the latch recall. That on top of the week it took to complete the work really irked me. Wouldn't expect any less from a volume dealership service department I guess...

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Where in the hell are you all taking yours in to have the recalls done? I do them daily and have no issues with them. I'm sorry yall are having bad luck with dealerships, but they are not that hard to do and only take about an hour at most.
Ford of Clermont. They suck butt :thumbsup:
Sponsored