Sponsored

Door Latch Recall...

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
What happened to the Door Latch Recall?

Months ago, I received a recall letter from Ford: RN 16S30 for a recall of the door latches. I called my dealer and was told to wait for a second letter stating that the new latches would be available. I did not receive a second letter. When I talk to my dealer they don't seem to know if the recall actually occurred or not...they never replaced any latches on any 2015 Mustang.

The recall document on the Ford Service site states that the recall began Sep 02, 2016 and reimbursement ended on Oct 31, 2016. It also says: Status 11 Recall Incomplete.

Can anyone interpret what this boilerplate is really saying?
Sponsored

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
I also received a letter last year and was told I would get another letter when parts are available. I called the dealer last month in regards to this recall. He asked me for my VIN and within a few seconds later he said we have the parts and he needs to schedule me an appointment. I still haven't taken it in yet. Call and do the same for yourself otherwise you will never get that 2nd letter.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I never got a second letter but when I went to the dealer a few weeks ago they did the latches (and damaged my panels without even putting them back all the way). I recommend inspecting the panels very closely before you take the car back.

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
I never got a second letter but when I went to the dealer a few weeks ago they did the latches (and damaged my panels without even putting them back all the way). I recommend inspecting the panels very closely before you take the car back.
Typical dealershit stuff. How long did it take them to do it?

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I just had my car at the dealership to replace a leaking diff seal. While there, I mentioned this recall. I also received the original letter way back and nothing else.

The dealer said the parts were very hard to come by. Unfortunately, they did not have them in stock to do my car while they had it. Supposedly they ordered them and will call to schedule the replacement but it's been about 3 weeks or so and I haven't heard anything.

Personally I could care less if it gets done. I just don't have the time to waste to take my car back and forth to them.

Sponsored

4cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I recently had this done. Dealer said its a 4 hour repair. They gave me a loaner and when I came back 5 hours later the car had not moved. They said only 1 guy in the service area was trained to do the repair. Came back 90 min later and it was done.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I'll be damned. I just mentioned yesterday that I had not heard anything from the dealer about this for quite some time. Lo and behold, I got a phone call this afternoon from the service advisor telling me the parts had come in!

You guys have me a bit worried now though, talking about them having to pull the door panels off and not putting things back together correctly. I'm a little hesitant to get this done.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I was worried also. I had made an appointment back in February. After sleeping on it, I called and cancelled. Just don't trust them to do the repairs correct.
I have been in the repair business my whole life and know most " technicians" are not to my standards!(anal) :lol:

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
Got mine done and I think I have an issue with a wind sound now lol go figure

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Typical dealershit stuff. How long did it take them to do it?
After they called me about two hours or less. Hard to say though. Would have rather waited the day so my panels didn't get butchered lol

Thankfully I only got a few rattles from the passenger panel now just have to take it back off and hunt for those.....I would rather avoid the recall.....

Sponsored

hcappie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I had my car serviced a few weeks back. They told me they would need to order the parts for the recall and that they would call me once the parts came in. Well Ford? Still waiting...

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I got second letter this week, Atlanta area. Going in for repair next week.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If I take my car in for this recall/repair, I think I'll take my door panels off myself before taking it in. Hopefully it can be driven with the door panels off.

Also, another option is to just buy the new latches and do it myself.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Got mine done and I think I have an issue with a wind sound now lol go figure
That's because the door window needs to come all the way out to get to the door latch. If they don't reinstall it back where it was then it could cause a bad seal with the weather strip and wind noise.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Who has seen this issue even happen? Are there pics of the old latch vs. the new latches. I will be doing this one my self too. Not that important or technical. You guys go for it and I hope they get everything put back to original, tight, and trouble free condition.
Sponsored