Sponsored

Built Blocks -

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Just wondering what people have done to their blocks and how they are working!

Please chime in only if you have done something to your block!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Ok, this has been up for two days and there is no one that is out there working on an upgraded block? So everyone that has had problems with their ecoboost blocks has a new stock one install? Just wondering....

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
The engine in my car now has the cylinder support deal done to the block, its working just fine, is this what your wondering ? I think your question might be a bit vague, most people just have a stock block that have gone to a built engine, or they have the cylinder support deal like I do, I think you can only count on 2 hands the people that have built engines in the mustang right now, so your not gonna get much feedback on the forum. Those that race these cars such as myself, are busy in the garage working on them and aren't on forums talking about it.

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Thanks Perfweld - Thats kinda what I'm trying to feel out. With all the noise about blown engines just wondering how many people are building their replacements and what the race community is doing in general.

I prematurely am forced into a replacement, so I'm building it.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
The engine in my car now has the cylinder support deal done to the block, its working just fine, is this what your wondering ? I think your question might be a bit vague, most people just have a stock block that have gone to a built engine, or they have the cylinder support deal like I do, I think you can only count on 2 hands the people that have built engines in the mustang right now, so your not gonna get much feedback on the forum. Those that race these cars such as myself, are busy in the garage working on them and aren't on forums talking about it.
Who was your engine builder? Just curious if there are any quirks when doing at least the short block. I plan on getting a block and crank, getting the block machined by a pro then putting rest together myself.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
I'm using Esslinger Engineering. Came recommended by Ford Performance. Short Block is still in the works.

www.esslingeracing.com

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Who was your engine builder? Just curious if there are any quirks when doing at least the short block. I plan on getting a block and crank, getting the block machined by a pro then putting rest together myself.
The one in the car was built by Kevin Jewer at Sigma Six Tuning in New Hampshire, he was great to work with, I think he's one of the brightest guys I've ever met, they did a great job on the engine, I have no complaints at all.

The original engine from the car is getting rebuilt by Esslinger Engineering right now, they are somewhat local to me so I was able to save on shipping. This next engine is getting stepped up to a higher level than the 1st build, larger head studs, sleeved block and a bit of port work, and a few other tricks, hope to get the car into the low 10s at over 130 mph with this engine, that's my goal anyways.

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Which options did you get from Esslinger Engineering? I don't see a built engine package on their website.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Which options did you get from Esslinger Engineering? I don't see a built engine package on their website.
I think all there engines are built to order, very custom one at a time, so the options are gonna be endless and what your budget is. I think you really have to call and talk to Brian over there.

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
I'm dealing with Brian right now, been great through the whole process so far.

Sponsored

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
What are you guys doing for pulling out your motor and installing the built motor? Are you commissioning a 2nd shop to do the job? What is the approx cost or #of shop hours involved? Is it something that is do-able at home with the right equipment?

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
I have a shop doing the pull and re-install. They are good guys and capable of a build in their own right, they just don't specialize in Mustangs I chose to have the block built by someone else, who is more familiar with the platform. It probably could be removed and installed at home with the right equipment. In my situation I have neither the space or time to do the work on my own.

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
For ur viewing pleasure

My fun!
engine sushi.jpg

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Don't kill me for this generic question. I have a good complete engine right now that I've ran e30 in all year long without any issues or any bad symptoms (knocking on wood). If I wanted something that could handle 600 hp and nothing more what type of price range should I realistically expect. Does Esslinger use your core or just a new core all together. Right now stock block I understand I'm maxed out to about 420 or so on e85 and an upgraded turbo.

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Talk to Brian at Esslinger.
I obviously have to use a new block since mine blew holes through both sides. Im finding that the internals are the weak point in the stock block. There are some amazing things you can do with a sleeved block and head work.
Sponsored