Sponsored

No More emission test in Texas??!!!!

TURBO900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 67 fastback, 65 coupe,89 GT, 88 GT, 85 GT
Anyone else here live in Texas where you have emission testing know more about this???
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Coyote Red in sport mode

We now have an inspection and obtain certificate for 1 sticker at the tax office.
tn_DSCN1318.JPG

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
They're trying to get rid of safety inspection, not emissions.
Some more government bullshit. A steering part fails because it wasn't detected in a safety inspection and the car runs over a bunch of kids waiting for the school bus but that god damned car better be running clean.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Some more government bullshit. A steering part fails because it wasn't detected in a safety inspection and the car runs over a bunch of kids waiting for the school bus but that god damned car better be running clean.
?????????????????
Emissions are generally Federally based.
If you grew up in Southern California in the 1960's and spent your summer days in the nice brown air you would understand their purpose.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TURBO900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hm, has the air gotten any cleaner in southern cali after all those years with the strictest standards in the country?? Don't think so...........

OP
OP

TURBO900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crap, was hoping emissions would be eliminated, not safety seems like it should be the other way around. Neighboring counties where i live don't, just a few of us get screwed....

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
they were talking about a bill to get rid of state inspections. I have some qualms about that because going to have all these people driving with dead brake lights and bald tires. But then they cited a study that shows a number of states without inspections with no noticeable consequences

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Emissions aren't federally mandated for inspection post production. That is up to the individual states. For instance, we just have safety in West Virginia, and not emissions. They don't even look to see if we have cats installed.

OP
OP

TURBO900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wish that was the case here in Texas, where i live...

Sponsored

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Emissions aren't federally mandated for inspection post production. That is up to the individual states. For instance, we just have safety in West Virginia, and not emissions. They don't even look to see if we have cats installed.

Not even states. It's up to the individual county here. In Travis and Williamson, emissions are required but I can go 30 minutes north to Bell county and it's not. Bexar county (San Antonio) is also a non emissions county.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Not even states. It's up to the individual county here. In Travis and Williamson, emissions are required but I can go 30 minutes north to Bell county and it's not. Bexar county (San Antonio) is also a non emissions county.

Wow! Talk about micromanaging.

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Virginia is like that as well. Not all counties require emissions. Only the rich ones closer to D.C.

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
Not quite. It's based on the pollution level of the county. The state must implement an overall program to lower pollution in certain areas; the plan is subject to EPA approval. The vehicle inspections are just one part of that plan. I think the EPA actually requires the inspections as part of the plan, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Hm, has the air gotten any cleaner in southern cali after all those years with the strictest standards in the country?? Don't think so...........
Yes, the air is much cleaner now. Back in the '60s & 70's, the air was sooo bad in the LA basin. Now, it's quite clear. It's an example where the EPA did good work.

Here in San Antonio, our air quality is about to fail the EPA standards and we may eventually have to have our emission tested too. The problem we have is caused by the refineries near Corpus Christi. When the prevailing winds are just right, we get the "don't go outside" warnings and the air is nasty. Not looking forward to emissions testing. Don't think that will solve our problem.
Sponsored