Knock on Drivers Side at Low Speed

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
Car has been left at the dealership. I told them I did not want the car back until this issue is fixed and to keep me abreast of any developments in the process with my case.
Geez man, this seems to be never ending for you. Sorry you're having such a bad experience. Engineering should get involved at this point; I would demand it. :cheers:
Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Mine exhibits the same sound but while braking / forward weight transfer as far as i can tell. It sounds exactly like yours from within the cabin. Has the dealer checked the calipers? I plan on taking the caliper apart soon.

I'm in the same boat. Except mine only happens when it's been raining out and the car's been sitting. When it's dry out no noise whatsoever. It does happen sometimes when I go over a sharp bump, but again only when it's been raining and it's wet out.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I realize this is annoying & stressful. And the longer it goes on the more your imagination makes it into. That's not to say it's nothing, but - ultimately - the solution will be sudden and anti-climatic; they'll suddenly declare:

"Oh hey we found the problem! It turned out to be a socket that was accidentally left inside the lower crossmember at the factory! We're going to (whatever) and the car will be ready on Thursday after 2 PM."

In any case - hang in there. There are lots of guys that will counsel you to rant & rave and threaten legal action...but see how it plays out a bit before you make any rash decisions.

$0.02

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
New pads and rotors didn't eliminate this issue for me. Will keep looking into it

I'm in the same boat. Except mine only happens when it's been raining out and the car's been sitting. When it's dry out no noise whatsoever. It does happen sometimes when I go over a sharp bump, but again only when it's been raining and it's wet out.

Sponsored

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
Saw your other post about re-torquing lug nuts and it would appear for now it has solved your issue. Hope this works for you on the long term.

The dealer just called. The Field Engineer spent the last day to now independently reviewing the car. He has taken his findings back to Ford Engineering to confirm next steps. The dealer said they should hear within a few days or will follow up. The dealer indicated they only told the engineer what they did which is typical in these cases apparently and did not discuss what the dealer felt the issue may be I guess so not to create bias. I'm hoping to get more info from the CSM later today on the Engineers notes which she can see. The CSM on Friday confirmed if the car cannot be fixed, Ford will get me into another car.
I hope the put you into a brand new Ford GT for all the problems you had! :cheers:

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Saw your other post about re-torquing lug nuts and it would appear for now it has solved your issue. Hope this works for you on the long term.

The dealer just called. The Field Engineer spent the last day to now independently reviewing the car. He has taken his findings back to Ford Engineering to confirm next steps. The dealer said they should hear within a few days or will follow up. The dealer indicated they only told the engineer what they did which is typical in these cases apparently and did not discuss what the dealer felt the issue may be I guess so not to create bias. I'm hoping to get more info from the CSM later today on the Engineers notes which she can see. The CSM on Friday confirmed if the car cannot be fixed, Ford will get me into another car.

Dude I hope they stay true to their word, I wish you good luck man. Must be a hell of a headache!

As for mine I think it's just a bandaid, I don't think that was the issue but let's hope it was that simple because reading your progress makes me nervous lol.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Geez. :frusty:

To say I am eager to read the next piece of info would be the world's biggest understatement! Please try to post ASAP when you have heard something.

(Anything!)

Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Jesus man, you deserve a new car whether they find the issue or not haha.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
On a good note of a bad situation...at least they are still trying to get to the bottom of this! I'd be willing to put money many would have tried to throw in the towel already.

estebanvdt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Roush Stage 3 Phase 2
Thanks. I suspect a few more weeks of back and forth with Engineering before it gets to that point unless it is fixed of course. Car would have been lemoned a long time ago in the US. Laws in Canada including CAMVAP unfortunately do not adequately protect the consumer so I have to be patient at this point.

I will say I have generally been okay with the communication Ford has conveyed on this matter. I do feel they understand the importance of getting this corrected one way or another.:ford:

I have been posting hoping someone else has this issue to help me. Beyond this, I think it is important to keep people updated so they can eliminate potential causes to their issues. In addition, for those in Canada, this string should aid in providing an overview of the resolution process of larger warranty matters.
One question, do you feel the clunk in the steering wheel or in the pedals? The reason I'm asking is because I have a damn clunk/knock noise during low speed at uneven surfaces can actually feel it on the pedals etc. I took it to the dealer and they told me it was the rear wheel bearings abd they replace these, I was like WTF?!!???! Took the car home and guess what, same sound and feeling. I do have h&r coilovers....

Last edited:

estebanvdt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sh!t , i have the same or very simmilar symptoms as your car....

estebanvdt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your feedback. I'm actually planning to take the car to a racing shop in PR that usually works with drift cars, if they dont find a thing, then I will go again to Ford and see what they have to say.
Sponsored