Best bang for your buck Downpipe?

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Catted or Catless. No emissions here in South Florida, what's everyone's opinions on the available options we have for downpipes to get the most power out of our 2.3's without spending more money than needed?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Heardcuh

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I'd get the ATP clone. It doesn't include a 3" adapter, but with having a V-band clamp, an adapter could be made pretty easily. All of them have bungs for both O2 sensors. Quite a few people on here have purchased the ATP clone with seemingly positive reviews. I haven't seen anyone report on having the Megan unit although most of the time they produce some decent stuff at a good price point. I'd stay away from Pypes, but that's just my preference based on what I've seen friends go through with their products.

Last edited:

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have the megan catless downpipe, It was so cheap i couldn't refuse. Fitment was great also full stainless and construction of it is fine. I have it coupled with mbrp race exhaust. If you get it just make sure you used the supplied gasket because oem type donut type doesn't work.

Sponsored

ecoboosting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Ecoboost PP
Also have the Megan no issues at all works great

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PREM PP MANUAL OXFORD WHITE 201A
I've had the eBay ATP copy that I got for $225 shipped on my car for 4k miles so far with no issues. Still no CEL with the o2 extender, and no rubbing. For the money it is a very good piece.

Nick

Lynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
i got mock-atp for 220, just offer them 200,they will want to meet you at 225.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
The UPR would work with either too. The MBRP necks down to the factory size piping at the start of the cat-back to attach to a factory downpipe. With any of them, you're going to have the 3" downpipe necking down to 2.25" where the downpipe meets the cat-back and then necking back up to a 2.5" or 3" cat-back (depending on which cat-back you choose). If you're wanting the MBRP, I'd get a 3" v-band clamp, cut the neckdown portions off the downpipe and cat-back, weld the v-band clamp to the downpipe, and then extend the 3" piping to meet the v-band clamp on the downpipe. In doing so, you're going to eliminate that bottleneck where the different pieces join up.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
The UPR would work with either too. The MBRP necks down to the factory size piping at the start of the cat-back to attach to a factory downpipe. With any of them, you're going to have the 3" downpipe necking down to 2.25" where the downpipe meets the cat-back and then necking back up to a 2.5" or 3" cat-back (depending on which cat-back you choose). If you're wanting the MBRP, I'd get a 3" v-band clamp, cut the neckdown portions off the downpipe and cat-back, weld the v-band clamp to the downpipe, and then extend the 3" piping to meet the v-band clamp on the downpipe. In doing so, you're going to eliminate that bottleneck where the different pieces join up.
Humph. I didn't know the mbrp isn't a true 3 inch. They dont specify that on their website either... Are there any full 3 inch catbacks and downpipes?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
All of our Ecoboost downpipes are currently on sale for 15% off and free shipping. We've also got a bunch of other Ecoboost parts on sale for those interested. Can't beat these deals!!!

Give us a call if you have any questions or need assistance placing an order.

Thanks!

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Humph. I didn't know the mbrp isn't a true 3 inch. They dont specify that on their website either... Are there any full 3 inch catbacks and downpipes?
CP-E down pipe is a full 3"
Sponsored