ZL1 Addons rock guards for s550 - full instructions with photos

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Any one having problems with the push-in fasteners? My fronts would not go back in with the splash guards in place. Any ideas for a slightly longer version?
20160825_110719.jpg
20160825_110822.jpg
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Mine fit perfectly.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Mine fit perfectly.

Damn. I was hoping this was a common problem that had already been solved...

I did note that when I got 2016 GT, and transferred over my switchbacks that the wheel well push pins were a slightly different design than on my 2015.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Just for kicks.. Are you sure that they were all put back into the same spot? I can't remember if they are all the same or not. I was thinking that one on each side was different than the other two.

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Just for kicks.. Are you sure that they were all put back into the same spot? I can't remember if they are all the same or not. I was thinking that one on each side was different than the other two.
Correct.

OP, are they fitting too loose or too tight? If too loose, either retrain the barbs or replace them entirely. If too tight, tap them in with a rubber mallet.

If one pops out when you tap another in (like whack-a-mole), seek psychiatric help. :crazy:

Sponsored

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
It is a tight fit. Use them muscles!

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Make sure the bottom 2 are going in the same holes as the top pin is smaller. I had trouble getting them in because there's the new flap + the flap isn't completely flush, but they do go in. Make sure you have no obstructions between the flap and well liner (might want to even try to clean it if you haven't put the tape on). The pins are 2 parts, mine actually came apart when I took them out (I pulled them out using a flat-head screwdriver to open it up and a needle-nose pliers to pull them out). When putting them back in I inserted the large piece in first, got it flush to the well liner, then I put the pin in.

They do go in though and they lock in once in place.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I def had them in the correct holes. If you look you can see that the small upper fastener is in properly.

Skylane has contacted me about this, I just need to try it again - It may be just because there was a bit of a gap in there somewhere I need to get rid of. But, I'm having some medical issues that are keeping me from getting in there and really forcing things around. Hopefully I'll get the fronts on today or tomorrow...

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I just installed my front ones. Easiest install I have ever done. Hardest part was cleaning the area before installing. I did have to use a rubber mallet to pop the two lower clips back in place. But that took all of 10 seconds.

As others have said, the top one is smaller and I was very carefully put them back in the right place.

Rears are gonna get done when I paint my calipers. That way I only have to take off the back tires once. ;)

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
I def had them in the correct holes. If you look you can see that the small upper fastener is in properly.

Skylane has contacted me about this, I just need to try it again - It may be just because there was a bit of a gap in there somewhere I need to get rid of. But, I'm having some medical issues that are keeping me from getting in there and really forcing things around. Hopefully I'll get the fronts on today or tomorrow...
Yeah it definitely takes a little bit of muscle as you're forcing the pin to hold the extra material on top of it being wedged a bit (especially for the pin that's closest to the outside). It ain't coming off though, so wait until you're up to it.

Sponsored

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Any coupon code on these? Not a bad price but shipping aint great.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I was able to get my fronts on the other day and they look great. As suggested, I just had to push in the guard aft a bit when re-installing the pins.

I may get my son to do the grunt work for me today and we'll get the rear guards on.

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
The side skirt end cap protrudes past the fender. That doesn't interfere with the wheel well liner, but it does force the rock guard out from the liner. As John said, push in the rock guard with one hand, and then push in the clip with the other.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Any one having problems with the push-in fasteners? My fronts would not go back in with the splash guards in place. Any ideas for a slightly longer version?
Just did my fronts and had the same issue, found l had to push really hard but they popped in. Now it's on to the rears.....the fun ones to install.:D

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Just did my fronts and had the same issue, found l had to push really hard but they popped in. Now it's on to the rears.....the fun ones to install.:D
Did you get 8 white blocks and screws for the rears? And have you seen my detailed instructions?
Sponsored