Sponsored

HOW TO: Swap PP gauges into standard model

15onBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOW n Sleek
Use a tester make sure you have proper power and ground and take your time . It should be fine few have done this already
Sponsored

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Is it a V6 only responding. If it is sorry can't help
I'm in the same position, although I haven't gone to the extent as others. Mine is a 16 GT premium. are you saying you know how to do this on other models just not the V6?

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 magnetic Mustang GT premium non performance p
Hello all I'm new to the site I'm very interested in this project I've already ordered all the parts supposed to be in next Thursday I've already got the dash torn down and trimmed out waiting for the parts has anyone done this on a GT and can anyone tell me if there are any wiring differences between the GT and the EcoBoost non pp because there's a very good YouTube video of someone doing this to their EcoBoost I've been trying to find the wiring for the pim to see if it is the same for the gt premium.

Sponsored

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Keiferson22 I'm just guessing that you're the one that done the video if so I was hoping you could help me with one thing the wiring for the hot and the ground you showed very clearly on the video and I can plainly see that it is identical to the pin position and wire coloring on mine but on the 53 and 54 pin for the can plus and the can - I never seen a shot of the wires to see if the coloring looked right and whether it was a double wiring on both pins coming into the each pin like mine so I'm not a hundred percent certain that it's correct and I don't want to fry anything if you had any pictures of those and would post them I would appreciate it thanks and a great video by the way.

Last edited:

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT Premium
Check the wiring diagrams at the beginning of this thread or contact the guy on my YouTube video comments from Germany. I'll look and see what I can dig up.

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply I know the guy that started this thread had a V6 and yours was the EcoBoost and I was doing my best to try to be as certain as possible that there was no difference in the wiring between the three different models and I haven't been able to find one specific for the GT on the wiring diagram I always do my best to be as certain is absolutely possible before I go splicing in the wires on a new car that I know what I'm doing and I'm doing it right I appreciate the help

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
All my parts came in today

As soon as i seen this thread I could not wait to get it done. Ordered all my parts. Followed the instructions works great need the retune for the oil pressure gage
rps20170704_213645.jpg

15onBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOW n Sleek
I've got a 15 Gt premium auto went with the first write up everything working fine. Done when I first purchased thw car. Only thing went with the Ecoboost gauge to work with my Roush setup

Sponsored

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
15 on Boost, were you able to get the oil pressure gauge working?

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I've got a 15 Gt premium auto went with the first write up everything working fine. Done when I first purchased thw car. Only thing went with the Ecoboost gauge to work with my Roush setup
That's what I want to do these gages came with the dash trim but when I get my Roush I will buy the ECO boost gauge can anyone tell me exactly what I need to ask my tuner to do to my next tune to get the oil pressure gauge to work

15onBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOW n Sleek
Yes if you have the premium package the base doesn't have the same oil sending unit you would ha e to change look it up on the first posting

15onBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOW n Sleek
It works with out the tune my car still on OEM tune works fine

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Thank you for the reply 15onBoost, I have a premium package, and have done this and the oil pressure gauge doesn't read pressure. so when you say:

"It works with out the tune m6 cars still on OEM tune works fine"

I don't quite understand?
Sponsored