S550 Mustang How to Jack and Jack Stands

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
so you jack from the center of the rail and then place the stands at either end of the rail... then repeat on the other side?

that does sound super easy.. I will definitely consider it next time I have to do something under the car
Correct. See below
Yeah those jack rails are pretty handy.

They are sooooo nice!

BallisticBurrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The big bonus is that you can put them on without lifting the car up. Takes some blind feeling around but was easy enough.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
can anyone show how the jacking rails look installed?

Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Good info. I have ramps so i should be able to put the front end up and then just jack up and use stands for the rear when its time to install my exhaust. I do plan to get the jacking rails just doing other things first.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Good info. I have ramps so i should be able to put the front end up and then just jack up and use stands for the rear when its time to install my exhaust. I do plan to get the jacking rails just doing other things first.
I did my cat-back on just ramps. The front bolts on the resonator required a bit of a squeeze but it wasn't hard.

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
+1 on jacking rails, I've got steeda's as well, and BMR has nice looking ones too. Can't even see them when looking at car, unless you were laying on the ground and looking up under it. For convenience and safety, the latter of which should really be priceless, you must get these if you do not have a lift in your garage. Check out these pics for things that would be a complete pain in the ass if I did not have jacking rails…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I did my cat-back on just ramps. The front bolts on the resonator required a bit of a squeeze but it wasn't hard.
Are you a big guy? I ask because I'm a muscular 250 and will be doing my catback this weekend. IDK if I can fit if I put the rear of the car on ramps.

On another note, it looks like jacking rails will be in my future (after this weekend).

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I did my catback on ramps but did jack up the rear. If you can jack up the rear on ramps it will go much easier.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sponsored

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
Are you a big guy? I ask because I'm a muscular 250 and will be doing my catback this weekend. IDK if I can fit if I put the rear of the car on ramps.

On another note, it looks like jacking rails will be in my future (after this weekend).
I'm a cuddly 310 and can fit underneath. I thought about bench pressing it, and holding with one hand to do the work, but used the ramps instead.

:cheers:

The jacking rails are a game changer for speed and safety.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I'll get jacking rails soon.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I'm glad I went with the jacking rails from BMR, makes it a piece of cake getting the car up on stands.

8tGEo6Kl.jpg

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase

You'll be fine to get under the car. Most 3 ton jack stands have plenty of height to get under the car comfortably. If you're lowered that's another issue... unless your jack is low profile you may need to drive the front tires on a couple 2x4s (or a 2x6+) for additional clearance for the jack.
Sponsored