Sponsored

[How To] Hardwire Thinkware F750 Dashcam in GT vert

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 mustang V6 -> 2016 GTPP 6M
I might have to jump in this thread.

I have Coupe and I installed mine with rear camera as well.

I know this is for vert, I would like to say that, I would recommend to wire it behind the airbag.

I'm not sure if this apply to vert, but, mine has big piece of airbag across the pillars.

I don't want to block the way where airbag will open because wire might block the airbag or it could cause serious damage to passenger.

Just my 2 cent..
Sponsored

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

I know this is for vert, I would like to say that, I would recommend to wire it behind the airbag.

I'm not sure if this apply to vert, but, mine has big piece of airbag across the pillars.

I don't want to block the way where airbag will open because wire might block the airbag or it could cause serious damage to passenger.

Just my 2 cent..
The convertible doesn't have a piece that goes across the pillar like the coupes, so the only choice is to wire it this way or have it run all the way down to the bottom of the windshield and somehow get it to come back across the dash.

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The convertible doesn't have a piece that goes across the pillar like the coupes, so the only choice is to wire it this way or have it run all the way down to the bottom of the windshield and somehow get it to come back across the dash.

I think I will have to clarify the pillar first.

what I meant is that A pillar where the airbags are in.

I don't think that vert don't have airbag in A pillar, right?

I see you push the wire across the Pillar at some point.

This is what I mean that there is AIRBAG inside the A pillar and you might be blocking its way. That's all my concern for you guys.

installing dash cam on Vert looks interesting though.:cheers:

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I think I will have to clarify the pillar first.

what I meant is that A pillar where the airbags are in.

I don't think that vert don't have airbag in A pillar, right?

I see you push the wire across the Pillar at some point.

This is what I mean that there is AIRBAG inside the A pillar and you might be blocking its way. That's all my concern for you guys.

installing dash cam on Vert looks interesting though.:cheers:
Hmm I'm not too sure I'm following. On the vert, the wire never goes across the A pillar at all. Instead it goes around it on the outside and then down to the fuse panel. The coupes are the only ones that people wire across the A pillar. Finding this out on the vert was very painful for me lol

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm I'm not too sure I'm following. On the vert, the wire never goes across the A pillar at all. Instead it goes around it on the outside and then down to the fuse panel. The coupes are the only ones that people wire across the A pillar. Finding this out on the vert was very painful for me lol
Now I see what you mean. I checked my buddy's vert and all my worries are useless.

Now, I agree with 100% with your guidline and I really thank all your support.

I wish I took some photos of mine to encourage others who need guidline..

Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I might have to do that pretty soon. Knowing that I'm not the only one having an F750 dash cam I'd like to share something with y'all. Check out the thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69878 It will show you how to have your F750 flashed to an F770 with all the nice new features! Thanks for that tutorials man. :cheers:

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015

I would recommend to wire it behind the airbag.

Hi ZFLYN,

I ordered the Thinkware F770 with the hardwire kit. I also have a coupe and I was wondering if you had any pictures or a link to a thread which details how to hardwire and tuck the cables behind the airbag?

Did this guy do it right at 7:46?

[ame]

Thanks & cheers

Last edited:

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
Don't use the nuts on the steering column bracket for ground... it doesn't ground...

I ended up using the nuts on the metal bracket that supports the kick plate. works perfectly :)

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Don't use the nuts on the steering column bracket for ground... it doesn't ground...

I ended up using the nuts on the metal bracket that supports the kick plate. works perfectly :)
if you're referring to the grounding location that I used, it works. works in that car, my gt350, and two friends' cars. might just not be tight enough.

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
Might be our AU mustangs... but that bolt definitely doesnt ground. Tested via multimeter (bolt and nut both failed to complete a circuit as a ground)

Not sating it didn't work for you or others.

Another reason i like the kickplate bracket as a ground point is that there are no wires in the footwell.

Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I just installed the hard wire kit for mine but I found out how to remove the A-Pillar on our Verts, So my wire runs inside the A-Pillar cover down to the dash then I droped down the glove box and removed the small trim panel and tucked the wire inside the kick panel , hooked up to the fuse box and done. took about 1 1/2 to 2 hours because I was afraid to break something, the trick to getting the A-Pillar away from the body is the sun visor you need to remove it and then pull the trim away from the body it is just metal clips that are holding it in place

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I just installed the hard wire kit for mine but I found out how to remove the A-Pillar on our Verts, So my wire runs inside the A-Pillar cover down to the dash then I droped down the glove box and removed the small trim panel and tucked the wire inside the kick panel , hooked up to the fuse box and done. took about 1 1/2 to 2 hours because I was afraid to break something, the trick to getting the A-Pillar away from the body is the sun visor you need to remove it and then pull the trim away from the body it is just metal clips that are holding it in place
have you set-up the rear dashcam also? that is fairy straightforward to do.
be careful of the security parking settings, it can easier wipe out your battery

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
have you set-up the rear dashcam also? that is fairy straightforward to do.
be careful of the security parking settings, it can easier wipe out your battery
No rear cam with the vert I have no idea as to where to place it or the wiring for it. I have the parking mode set to on and the voltage set to 12 volts so if the battery drops below 12 volts it should shut off , I also have it set to motion to do the recording so if no motion no recording, what do you have yours set at ? I will post pictures later as well. can you post pictures of your set up both front and rear please

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Can one of the Admins make this thread a sticky so that it can be found ezer Please

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I had hardwired mine originally and set the cut off to 48 hours and 12 volts as well.

About 6 months after I bought it I also purchased the Cell Link Battery and wired that is to the fuse panel and wired the camera to it. I wanted to take the load off of my car battery. My car is a weekend/fun dry day car and can sometimes sit for a week. The only problem now is the camera times out after 48 hours of being parked, I wish there was a way around this with the Thinkware software. I also set the battery voltage to the minimum for the cell link battery pack.
Sponsored