Sponsored

Roush Cold Air Intakes !

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
nice, the sad part is I actually downloaded the PDF and have it prepped. just didn't look at the contents, at all.

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Got it in the mail yesterday and had dad come over to install it today. The install went fine and he dremiled out more honeycombs to allow better airflow. Driving around Houston (no freeway) it was around 130-160 IATs with the outside temp showing 97 on the screen. When I got on the freeway the outside temp said 94 and IATs were 97-98. I'm not feeling well today so not going to write a full review nor did I get to really test with it they way I wanted. So far I can say if your looking for a "loud" CAI for your GT, this one with the stock 85MM MAF in is very quiet with the hood down, I do have Borla S-Type but I can barely hear the CAI. I don't have a tune so I can't test the 105MM insert, sorry.

Full disclosure, I bought this CAI over a JLT or others because of the double MAF inserts. If I want to tune I can just pull the 85MM insert out and I'm good to go. I'm not dragging the car or tracking it so numbers aren't really concerning to me, I just like doing things to the car, do it once, do it right. Right now the Roush CAI fit my needs for the next year or two and I won't have to replace it.

CompetitionOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
Any deals on a exhaust intake combo? Also, any closure on on not voiding warranties?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
DO NOT BUY THE ROUSH MUSTANG ECOBOOST INTAKE!! THEY SAY IT DOESNT REQUIRE A TUNE BUT IT REALLY DOES!! I keep getting turbo flutter sound and compressor surge!!

[ame]

I called there warranty department and a representative named JAKE tried to tell me it is normal that I get turbo flutter and compressor surge!!!

OP
OP
Kyle@ROUSH

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Hello,

The noises you're hearing are not unusual with the cold air intake. Your car has a bypass valve and recirculates air back into your intake as opposed to venting to the atmosphere like a blow off. Now that you've got an open element filter you can hear this happen. I drive an ecoboost vehicle with an open airbox every day and if i try i can easily make the same noise with quick part throttle stabs. Mine has had a Roush open intake for nearly 40k miles and has had zero ill effect. The stock air intake is designed to keep these noises to a minimum.

Last edited:

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
what kind of IAT temps are people seeing with this intake set up. I have a Steeda now and im about 9 to 10 above ambient while at 60 mph. Ive drilled holes in the solid pieces in the grill sealed where the factory snout connects to the box ad cant get them down.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
what kind of IAT temps are people seeing with this intake set up. I have a Steeda now and im about 9 to 10 above ambient while at 60 mph. Ive drilled holes in the solid pieces in the grill sealed where the factory snout connects to the box ad cant get them down.
I've been seeing 3-4° above ambient.

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
2-3 above ambient and I drilled out additional holes in the grill, but when sitting in traffic...... but it falls extremely quick, so honestly it doesn't bother me.
1.jpg

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Roush FTW!

I have an intake coming to test out on my car ;)
Sponsored