Sponsored

2015 Ecoboost rattling noise

jhilliker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 orange ecoboost
I am getting a Rattling noise from the engine bay on the passenger side like a bolt is rattling around but it is only at speed around 40 and above not sure what it is took it to ford dealership that I bought it from and they said ford says that it is a sound an ecoboost makes. I cannot believe that for a car that is brand new to make a noise like this cannot be normal please advise if anyone has had this problem. I was thinking about taking it to another ford dealership and having them look at it to see if i get the same answer.
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I am getting a Rattling noise from the engine bay on the passenger side like a bolt is rattling around but it is only at speed around 40 and above not sure what it is took it to ford dealership that I bought it from and they said ford says that it is a sound an ecoboost makes. I cannot believe that for a car that is brand new to make a noise like this cannot be normal please advise if anyone has had this problem. I was thinking about taking it to another ford dealership and having them look at it to see if i get the same answer.
Do you get the sound when the car is in a taller gear and under load? say, 6th?

OP
OP

jhilliker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 orange ecoboost
Do you get the sound when the car is in a taller gear and under load? say, 6th?
It really seems that it is across the board I can be just slowly getting up to speed but once it is up to the 40 and up make it just starts and it is when the rpm's are at a steady level not going up and down to much because if i where to punch it goes away until yo uare back to normal driving.

Eco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
I've had mine since October and I've never heard anything that I would consider out of the ordinary in mine, definitely not like a bolt rattling. Pretty piss poor answer from the dealership.

OP
OP

jhilliker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 orange ecoboost
I've had mine since October and I've never heard anything that I would consider out of the ordinary in mine, definitely not like a bolt rattling. Pretty piss poor answer from the dealership.
Thanks I agree I am going to take it to a different one close by and see if I get the same answer might as well use the warranty while I have it

Sponsored

JRayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver turbo 4 s550
Have you found out the cause? I have the same or similar problem (sound) on my 17.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Beware, this might be an issue with the transmission. A friend of mine had the same problem with his 2016 EcoBoost and it now "sits" at the dealership for more that a month and a half. The part that they have to replace is in back order.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Beware, this might be an issue with the transmission. A friend of mine had the same problem with his 2016 EcoBoost and it now "sits" at the dealership for more that a month and a half. The part that they have to replace is in back order.
Any more details such as which trans (auto vs manual) or what part?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
It's a manual. I asked him and he told me that they have to replace the transmission bearing, which is in back order.
Sponsored